In Need of Help!-1998 KTM 300 EXC-Ignition

lnzhutt42

Apr 3, 2003
I have a 1998 300EXC I bought from a dealership about 2 years ago. I've had no major problems with the bike except for the suspension. I always popped the fork seals. This past weekend a friend was thrashing around on my bike and crashed. The bike hasn't fired up since. A while ago I put forks from a 1990 250 SX on my 1998 300EXC. The triple clamp from the 250 SX does not have stoppers to stop the forks from hitting the frame. So when he crashed the forks hit the ignition box and cracked it a little & almost ripped the back fender in half. So My question to you is How do I test that little black box to see if thats the reason why I'm not getting any spark. I also took the stator cover off and a whole bunch of water came out. What do you think? & Can I fix my bike without having to spend any money?

Hollister Hills Rider
Lynsey Huttlinger

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
I would look at the stator first. I have to believe the water would do more damage (possibly) than the crack.

I have dropped many electrical boards and had them work. rarely have the wet ones survived!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom