in need of reeds

RACINRAY

Feb 18, 2004
i do a lot of woods riding do i replace my reeds with stock boysen or is a rad valve worth the money . :clue:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Yeah the V Force are the way to go. I put them in my '01 RM250 at the low tension setting and it made a noticable difference.

MXTex

~SPONSOR~
Feb 29, 2000
I think it depends on the characteristic you are looking for from you motor. My experience with RAD valves are that they improve low to mid power significantly. I've never used a V-force so can't comment.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
In my case the low end power was improved and it reved quicker. Top end was unaffected when in the low tension setting.

buffmaster

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 11, 2001
I really like what the Boysen Pro-Series reeds did to my setup, but I think the best bang for the buck is the V-Force. Buddy put one in his '91 KX250 and I couldn't believe how much it improved off the bottom. Really clean and crisp throttle response.

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
RM_Guy...how long have your reeds been lasting in the low tension setting?

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I put them in at the beginiong of last season and they look like new now. I don't rev to the moon and I short shift a lot so I'm sure that helps with the life.

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
Cool. I just don't want to put the reeds on low tension and be replacing them every month! I'm not a pro rider by any means but I do ride the dunes quite a bit so maybe it wouldn't be a wise choice?
More power, or longer reed life. That is the question.

KAY DEE EXER

~SPONSOR~
Mar 3, 2003
If your in the dunes (WOT) I would probably try the high tension setting. Mototassinari claim that low tension reaps a low end boost and high tension, top end gains. I have also read (and seen photos to prove) that the life of the V-Force reeds are way superior to the RAD valve. :cool:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Yeah I'd use the high tension if you're riding dunes.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…