EricGorr

Super Power AssClown
Aug 24, 2000
Hey guys,
The annual technical seminar at North End Cycle in Elkhart Indiana is scheduled for January 26. Heres some details on the seminar and you can also email direct Larry Witmer at AMADIST15@aol.com

I'll be handling engine topics and Bob of Pro Action will demonstrate suspension set-up. You're invited to bring broken engine parts and suspension for us to examine and recommend solutions.

There will be door prizes and refreshments and you're encouraged to bring a comfortable lawn chair. Video cameras will also be allowed if you want to film segments of the seminar.

If you have any questions about this seminar, post your replies to this thread and I'll try to answer them. Thanks, Eric

This is the ad copy from North End Cycle...Moto Cross Open House and Seminar Clinic
DATE: Saturday January 26, 2002
TIME: 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Place: North End Cycle 2426 Cassopolis St., Elkhart, IN. 46514 Tel.(219-264-0618)
Location:1 mile south of Indiana Toll Road Exit 92 on St Rd 19
Ron and Byron Williams, owners of North End Cycle would like to invite you to a day committed to the off road enthusiast. High lights will include a Moto Cross Performance Seminar by Larry Witmer, Two Time AMA Natl Amateur MX Champion. North End will have Manufacturers Reps for the latest in off road products and information.

Eric Gorr of Forward Motion will share his knowledge Off Road performance and tuning. Eric will have books available and will offer personalized attention for your mechanical needs. Bring broken parts for free diagnosis!

Bob Gentsch from Pro Action of Michigan will be doing a hands on session of suspension settings, along with tips on set ups for different track conditions ranging from sand to hard packed or the woods.

The entire staff of North End Cycle will be glad to help and answer any questions. Our experienced sales staff will cut great deals with bike pricing. The Parts, Accessories and Service Departments will be fully staffed. Randy Hamblin of the parts department is now in charge of the North End Cycle MX Team and will talk one on one with riders that qualify and support level.

DOOR PRIZES GIVEN AWAY EACH HOUR!
Forward Motion, Fox, No Fear, HJC, Scott USA, Boyesen, Hinson, Dunlop, Maxima Oils, FMF, Sunoco Race Fuels, PowerBar

EricGorr

Super Power AssClown
Aug 24, 2000
Look forward to seeing you there Mark!

One other mention, we'll be having a Carb Clinic so if anybody want to bring their dry carb we'll show you how to do a quick tune-up.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
some just can't handle the excitment!

if I bring a pair of kdx forks or a rear shock do you think Bob of Pro Action would tear them apart in front of me ? I'd even bring parts if he needed for the install demo? :think

EricGorr

Super Power AssClown
Aug 24, 2000
Jeff, notice that I asked people to bring lawn chairs, that way its a shorter fall once they fall asleep!

Pat, I don't know if Bob is actually doing work there, I know he's preparing a demo of a shock rebuild. Give him a call to set up an appointment if you want.

Take care, looking forward to seeing everybody!

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Is it too late to sign up? If so, will there be other seminars?
I am interested in attending, but just found out about it.
Mike

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
I needed bob's phone # ?

F/S this is kinda just show up event. come early though as they wait for no one.

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
If there's a sign-up, can you put me down? My WR and YZ shocks are getting tired, I could use some pointers!

EricGorr

Super Power AssClown
Aug 24, 2000
Theres no RSVP needed. The service department will be open all day and it will be informal. I think that Bob is doing the shock disassembly demonstration after lunch, so you'll want to see that before you try to tear into your shock.
There will be several different sessions by regeonal vendors of things like riding gear, tires, suspension. If you're interested in suspension and handling, Larry Witmer does a session on motorcycle handling, riding tips and tuning remedies, thats before lunch.
Larry also gives some insight into sponsorships and how to present yourself to get onboard all sorts of deals with riding gear manufacturers, lube suppliers,hop-up parts, and bikes.

Last year NEC sponsored lunch with Pizza Hut but theres lots of resturants on the main drag in Elkhart. Me and Rich are headed for the Big Belly Buffet across the street from the shop for some Chineese food.

Hope to see you there
;)

Jeff Allen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 23, 1999
Eric,
Have Rich bring down his spark plugs collection if he doesn't see this. I would like to see and compare them with my old ones. Please and thank you.

EricGorr

Super Power AssClown
Aug 24, 2000
Hi Jeff, Rich has got the most unbelievalbe spark plug collection you've ever seen. I swear he bought his lathe just so he could cut the crap off a plug so you could see the insulator. It looks like Rich is working this weekend but I'll see if I can score some of his plug samples.
The weather looks like April on Saturday, maybe Larry will let us test ride his bike:p
They've got some open land in back of the shop. I'm bringin' my boots!

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
do you ever do seminars on the east coast ? I am assuming that this is kinda of just an invite down to a local buddy to talk shop open to the public

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Originally posted by jmics19067
do you ever do seminars on the east coast ?...
Yeah, how about one ouit here Eric;)

It think the trick is to find a shop willing to host it and then convince Eric that it's not really that far to drive:eek:

UPSMAN

Dec 2, 1999
Hey all you Michigan guys when are you going down to the seminar? Im thinking about going and wondered what would be a good time to get there.
Is Indiana on the same time that Michigan is or are they an hour behind?

Look forward to seeing you guys Greg:)

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by EricGorr
It looks like Rich is working this weekend but I'll see if I can score some of his plug samples.

Eric - I'll be back late Friday night so I'm up for the road trip and maybe a visit to Ann Sather's on the way out :)

TooTall

Nov 6, 2000
UPSMAN,

I'm bringing 4 with me from Saint Joseph, Michigan. We should get there around 10:00 I suppose. We were there last year & I can tell you that it 's well worth your time. See you there!

TT

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
THANK YOU ERIC!!!!!!

This was a very good seminar (well worth the trip from central Michigan). The highlight for me was Eric's Gorr session. I oculd learn so much from listening to him...maybe I should just buy the book.;)
Too tall and Senior KX, sorry I did not get the chance to meet you. I think I saw Senior KX and his kid (DRN hat??). I did get to meet UPSMAN.
I plan to go again next year. I think we plan in advance to have a DRN lunch at the restaurant across the street from the dealership.
Eric, thanks for your time at a very busy part of the year for you. If you and/or the gang from Chicago want to come to Michigan for a trail ride, let me know and I'll be the trail guide.

Mike Jr.

TooTall

Nov 6, 2000
fatherandson,
I guess I did a crumby job of introducing myself to some of the DRN folks. I was there, wearing a dark blue jacket and a Lakeshore Lancers hat (our local high school).

I agree, it was another very good seminar. My friend (mgusse13) and I were talking on the way home about how nice it would be to have Eric located a little closer to us. What a valuable resource he is! Maybe we'll see you there next year if the good folks at Northend Cycle hold another one. Take care!

TT

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
TT, the DRN lunch may take care of the introductions next year. I remember the hat.
I agree it would nice to have Eric and his knowledge a little closer. He had a 300 mile drive home from North End. I imagine he is not interested in another 100-200 miles to make it into central Michigan. Oh well, he is only a phone call away.

MM

Jeff Allen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 23, 1999
Thanks Eric for doing this, and all the sponsers that were there giving away free stuff. Big kuddo's go out to Larryfrom NEC and to Barry from Throttle Jockey!
You can tell North End cycle really want's to take care of the custormers.

Mike, thanks to you also for the ride. I had a blast (Mark's daughter is still laughing)

Top Bottom