2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Lites:

1- Good for Sipes! He looked smooth and fast.
2- Barcia is just fun to watch.
3- Baggot will be someone to contend with.

450's:

1- Villy is strong and fast.
2- Stewart's faster, but a little rough around the edges (sore and wrestling w/cobwebs after Daytona I think.)
3- Reed, well... wish Dungey woulda' been rude. I hope RD is getting mad.

*Short and his KTM don't seem to mix well?

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
^ Agree except the part about Stewart being faster than Villopoto.

Villopoto is starting to dominate this series. 5 wins and a sizable lead. He can get 2nd place from here on out and clinch the title, even if Bubba wins all the rest.

What happened between Canard and Dungey that caused Canard to have a few words with Dungey after the race?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
What happened between Canard and Dungey that caused Canard to have a few words with Dungey after the race?
Interested to hear about that as well. Doesn't seem like Canard is one to get involved in stuff like that?

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
I'm guessing Dungey did something in the first turn that Canard didn't like as Canard went into the first turn about 5th and came out at the back. Either way Trey was angry after the race but once he calmed down he apologized to Dungey and both riders have moved on.

On another note would someone please put some anger juice in Dungey's water bottle, he needs to get way more aggressive out there or he will ever beat any of the top 5 when they start in front of him.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Dungey does seem to have trouble making a pass stick on the other top riders.

OTOH, the track did seem hard to pass on, so maybe this was his version of riding smart. But yeah, it's basically now or never for his title hopes, so he needs to ride more aggressively.

Also, a bit of a 'WTF, Mate' to Speed for the over the top praising of Bubba for his 'last place to 2nd' charge. Yes, he backed it down going into the first corner. True, every rider was briefly ahead of him on the track for a few milliseconds, but JBS was able to hug the inside and got to the holeshot stripe like 10th, in good position on the short straight, where he passed like 4 more riders. He was in like 6th place by the 2nd corner and I think 5th at the end of Lap 1.

Great ride, but Speed (Emig and Erin, anyways) made it sound like he was laying on the ground and had to blaze through the entire field. Basically, he just took the inside line on the start when he did not get a good launch. Not the same as an epic come from behind ride.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
dirt bike dave said:
^ Agree except the part about Stewart being faster than Villopoto.
I hear ya. I need to clarify...

Stewart= blazing speed on certain laps.

Villy= the "fastest" is the one that gets to the checkers first.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
If it were not for the major bobbles that Stewart somehow pulled out slowed his progress significantly. It appeared to me that he would have been able to challenge RV2 if his mistakes had not cost him 4-6 seconds. His pass on Reed with the scrub was amazing. Like him or not, very talented and very commited.
RD1 seems unmotivated for someone defending the title. Not sure if the loss of DeCoster to KTM hasn't really bummed him and the team out beyond repair. KW, Canard, and Milsaps are still in the hunt but their chances are fading.
Overall, this has been the best season of racing in a very long time. I like the unknown at the beginning of the races and seeing it unfold on the track. There year is not going to be about domenance but instead it will be one of survival. Great racing still to come.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
dirt bike dave said:
X2 on Bubba's scrub pass on Reed. That was sick.

X3 Best thing in the race.

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Great race and great ride by RV. He did exactly what he had to do, rode smart and smooth. He may not have set the fastest lap of the night, but he had the lowest ET from start to finish. Great ride by JBS too. Lots of bobbles that should have hurt him more than it did. Fun to watch him come through the pack though. I hope RV takes a page from RC's book now that he has a commanding lead, CHILL. If he gets the hole shot, try to gap everyone but don't push the limits and try to run with the front runner for a win if he does'nt.

I'd also like to see James on a red or yellow bike next year. That Yamaha and him have never looked like they jive well together.

RD1 looks a fast rider without a lot of heart. Just does not seem to "want" it. I sure he does, it just seems like he is not willing to push himself to that next level. Sort of an early days Reed, happy with second, or in this case, 4th and hoping someone in front of him will slip up.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
RV for president! Maybe Bubbles for vice president? Great race again! The Bubba Scrub is beyond logic, totally awesome! It even seemed to take the steam out of Reeds sails! RD1 made CR work, really hard! I need to watch the lites again, Wilson got lost again? A different winner every race, awesome for Sipes! How did Barcia get the tag, Wild Child, he earned it! Geez, could you have imagined if his wrist was not broke?

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
if they make the tracks anymore onelined and crappy they should just plant a bunch of trees and add a water hazard.

the layouts have been terrible......

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
We watch and laugh everytime hearing that poor rev limiter crying! In person is way more intense! I missed this year, but I will make up for it outdoors!

His poor valves took a serious beating this year..

YamaB

Apr 2, 2004
Fastest or not the fastest.... even the haters have to agree that JBS is the most fun/exciting rider to watch. That one save he had in this race was ridiculous and seemed (to me) to defy the laws of physics... Sweet "Bubba Scrub" to setup the pass on Reed also.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
wardy said:
if they make the tracks anymore onelined and crappy they should just plant a bunch of trees and add a water hazard.

the layouts have been terrible......
Pushing for the bump and run lay outs for sure Gerhard. Instead of trees they use boats and such? Orville missed you Sunday!

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
Couldn't agree more as far as the track lay outs go!!!! Nothing but tough blocks...which seem to become more and more of a factor as far as race outcome goes. Never seen so many riders land on, clip, or run over those things.

wake_rider

Feb 21, 2007
JBS was fast, and RV did what he has done all year, ride smooth and strong. I really want to see JBS ride clean and get up in the front with a gap, alongside RV and watch those two battle a bit. I'd be interested to see how that worked out.

I agree with what Thump said earlier, I don't think JBS has ever looked comfortable on that Yamaha (which bums me out because I'm a loyal blue rider...). There's something about the geometry of the suspension that just doesn't seem to be able to be worked out to his liking. I'm not sure what it is, or even if it is in fact the suspension, but he has just looked unsure of that bike throughout the entire season.

As far as the track layouts go, I really liked Daytona, but that has just about been it for this season. I think they're having to tighten things up to keep the Big Bikes from just jumping over entire sections, but the lack of line choice has led to really unimaginative passes in exchange for a bit 'dirty' passes. I'm guessing they're trying to keep the pack closer together to keep from people jumping out to largely gaping leads and such, but it really has been almost frustrating to watch guys trying to get around the obviously slower riders. It makes getting the holeshot too important...

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Pushing for the bump and run lay outs for sure Gerhard. Instead of trees they use boats and such? Orville missed you Sunday!

Should have seen JT47 try to take a test drive in a new Toyota during practice... Came off the two tables a little too hot and blew the berm.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Thump said:
RD1 looks a fast rider without a lot of heart. Just does not seem to "want" it. I sure he does, it just seems like he is not willing to push himself to that next level. Sort of an early days Reed, happy with second, or in this case, 4th and hoping someone in front of him will slip up.
Ryan "Windham" Dungey

Top Bottom