Hof-Rock

Nov 8, 2001
I noticed a lot of you guys ride the Elsinore Track, I was wondering if somebody could answer some questions for me. I live in Long Beach and I've never ridden a track, but I'd really like to. Since Elsinore isn't too far I'd like to try it out. My questions are do you have to race when you go out there or are there days or times where you can just go out there and practice the track without having to actually race. Like I said I've enver ridden a track so I don't want to just jump right into racing. Also how much does it cost for a day of riding out there, and could someone please tell me how to get there? Thankyou all very much in advance for any help.
-Josh

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Josh- I have never been there but I know they have open practice days. I am guessing its about $15.00 to practice.

MXDad

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 25, 2000
Elsinore is almost exclusively a practice track. There are actually 5 different tracks there, one for 50's, one for 80's, one Vet track, the main track and what they're calling the GFI track. The Vet track is a great place to start, and if you can ride on weekdays it's not very crowded. All three adult tracks are fun and relatively safe. Each one is a bit more challenging from the Vet to the GFI to the Main.

They're open 7 days a week from 8-dark. They now have night riding on the GFI track on Wed and Thurs. It's $15.00 to get in. There are good directions and pictures Click Here .

We'll be there tomorrow about 9:00. I'll be in a white suburban with a CRF 450 #115. Come out if you can.

Bill Purcell

Jan 25, 2000
Hi Josh,
Elsinore is a fun track to learn on, especailly on weekdays when it is not crowded. RMjeff and MXDad covered the basics and if you visit the link Dad gave, you'll be able to see all of the So. Cal. tracks and get directions.

I've only ever done a couple of races, not at Elsinore, rather at Perris. So, you definitely do not have to be a "racer" to go out and enjoy a day at the track!!!

Watch the places to ride forum and if you get the chance, head on out and take a look. Like Dad said, there'll will be a few of us there on Tuesday. I have a blue S10 Blazer and ride a 00 YZ 250 #97.

Hope to see you out there!
Bill

Hof-Rock

Nov 8, 2001
Thanks Guys

I really aprreciate all your info, I will definetly be going out there soon to check it out. Tommorow just may work, as long as I can get back to Long Beach by 2pm for class I'll be alright. If I do go tommorow, I'll be in a charcoal grey silverado with a YZ250 in the back. Thanks again and hopefully see you soon.

Top Bottom