Reesknight

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2002
I'm looking for info on St. Joe Park in MO. Are spark arrestor's required and where can I get one for an 02 426? Is camping allowed and do they have a track and trails. Any information is appreciated.

IamRyan

Aug 23, 2006
I am not sure about the spark arrestor's, I have never been asked or checked out when i have gone. there is a camping area, personaly I have never camped there but entry fee for ORV is $3

They have alot of trails, you can find easy ones and some very difficult if you look for them no real tracks to mention except in the sand flats where they have a VERY mini motocross setup a little whoop section a turn, then a jump out of the turn then another turn into the woops again. lots of rocks.

hope it helps

Reesknight

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2002
Thanks Ryan. So they never actually check for a spark arrestor or sound level? Do you just go in the office and get your permit without them ever checking the bike? I would hate to drive all the way up there and get turned down because of no SA or too loud.

IamRyan

Aug 23, 2006
well I would hate to be the one to tell you no then they actualy check for once you could call up there they have a website im sure you can find on google

the quads that run on the sand flats are louder than anything ive heard and they are there all the time no problem

you just drive up through a drive through give your name state and $3 and your good for a full day of riding

COLEMANAPP

~SPONSOR~
Feb 19, 2002
Rees,
You can check out the camping info at www.mostateparks.com There are really good camping facilities there IMO. The shower houses aren't open this time of year but they even have washer/dryers. I wouldn't worry about the spark arrestor check either.
Bob

Reesknight

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2002
Thanks Bob, I did check out the website and is why I was wondering about the SA and sound enforcement. What about finger lakes? Anyone been there?

John

COLEMANAPP

~SPONSOR~
Feb 19, 2002
Hate Finger Lakes even though I haven't been much. I would think if your into MotoX it would be better than St. Joe since it has a track. Trails were filled with nasty smelling quad puddles though. Place doesn't drain well. Yuck.
Bob

Motoracer13

Dec 31, 2006
I personly like Finger a Lakes. I also agree that it doesnt drain well but its a lot of clay. The track never gets prepped but sometimes its OK. theres 1200 acres of trails and about about a third are mainly fourwheeler mudmesses. There is lots of hills none to long but plenty steep,about 3/4 lenth of the hills in Chadwick. Went there last Sat. mudiest I had ever seen it but there was only Father-in-law,Bro-in-law, me and 5 fourwheelers. We never saw them on the trails,only on parkinglot-who would guess they mostly stayed there! It is worth the trip from KC and we go there about 10 times year round.

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
Finger Lakes is OK, I've only been once but its close so I'll likely go more. I could see how it would be wet/muddy most of the year. I hear it gets crowded on the weekends. No organization, just a free for all. Seems like a good place to go during the week.

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
Crash217 said:
Motoracer13 -- If you like Finger Lakes and your driving all the way from KC... I've got a better place for you to hit up. Its called Walters Ranch, just south of Cole Camp, MO. You can read more about it here; http://www.kansasoffroad.com/cgi/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1148753942

Watch out for this crash charchter, he'll have you battered, bruised, and sore before you know it :nod:

Walter's Ranch is pretty cool by the way.

Motoracer13

Dec 31, 2006
Sounds sweet we will definatly try that.I am always lookin for places to go. We have been talkin about ST Joe just havent made it yet. I have never heard of Colecamp, so Ill be there soon. My beatiful wife has an Aunt in Springfield so I get to make to Chadwick about 5 times a year. Its my all-time favorite trail heaven!

Crash217

May 4, 2005
aaaww come on evenslower! I can't help it I like my trails a little less traveled and a little more gnarly than the average bear!

You missed out sunday, I met up with a 3 of my fellow A-classers last sunday out at Walters Ranch and did a good 30+ miles at about 90% speed, just swapping positions the whole time... FUN CHIT MAN! There was a couple C-speed guys from K.C. who showed up out of the blue, they had a lot of fun too. We showed them where the single track was then met them at the ends of the trails. Gotta love the sprints with a break.. its like a european enduro.

Top Bottom