Twiztid One

~SPONSOR~
Aug 19, 2003
did a search and came up nothing , how do you guys intall your graphics ? when i used to install wide stipes on cars we soaked the area down with glass cleaner and then squigied the windex out . is this the same or do you guys got better idea on what works the best ? the money that they cost i want them to look right the first time , thaks for you imput . jeff

JCW

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2003
Clean off the plastic with contact cleaner or brake cleaner to get the silicone and grease off of the plastic. Soap and water will not do it. You might need a razor blade to trim the graphics, depending on how exact they fit.

Put the graphic against the panel before you remove the paper and make sure you know exactly where to start. Start on one edge or corner and slowly press down and remove all air bubbles as you go.

If it is cool where you are, I would take the radiator shrouds and plastic off and do it inside. I would warm (don't overheat) everything with a hair dryer to make the glue stick and also soften the graphic so it will fit the contour of the panel. Oh yeah, after you warm the plastic, clean it one last time with contact cleaner or brake cleaner and be sure the panel is dry before you start putting the graphic on.

Have fun!
JCW

BIGFOOT16

Oct 20, 2000
Also apply a soapy water solution or window cleaner to graphic and shrouds,etc.This allows you to move the graphics around until you like there position.Don't use a whole lot or it will take too long to dry.

Braahp

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2001
You can buy "Sticker On" almost anywhere now (WalMart, Auto Zone, etc.) After cleaning shrouds with alcohol just spray this stuff on shrouds and then on graphics and apply. You can move it around and work out any bubbles very easily and it dries pretty quick and walla your done. Very very easy with no mistakes. The only way to go.

Top Bottom