goldman15

Jun 9, 2001
I'am going to do my first ever clutch plates and spring replacement. Do I need to go out and buy a flywheel holder and if so where do I go to get one(cheap), or can I make one or do I even need one? Thanks for the help.

goldman15

Jun 9, 2001
High Lord Gomer
How do I take the plates out without removing the main bolt? You are right the spring plate does have light torque and I did get those off but that doesn't allow me to take out the plates.

goldman15

Jun 9, 2001
Spanky
I wish the plates would fall off once you take the pressure plate off but that is not the case on my 95 KDX. Other 95 and newer KDX owners this is true right? Thanks

spanky250

Mod Ban
Dec 10, 2000
The pressure plate is the only thing that holds them in, isn't it? If not, then that is the only model bike in existance that is different. You should be able to pull them straight out.

MADisher

Grand Data Poohbah
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 30, 2000
Hmrs, maybe I have it backwards...

Yes, my 98 you only need to take the four bolts off the pressure plate and they practically fall out. Or take the whole basket off (which I did looking for that $%#@ little shift return spring. I didn't have a clutch holder, I was able to take it off and retorque using the 'put it in gear, and stand on the rear brake' method.

-MD

goldman15

Jun 9, 2001
Thanks for all the help

I made a flywheel holder like the one described on the KDX site. Cost me $4.00 and worked great. Only thing you need in addition to the homemade holder is a break bar. Now I can ride again without clutch slip. Thanks again.

goldman15

Jun 9, 2001
EBC Dirt Racer Kit

Madisher
I ordered the EBC Dirt Racer Kit. $75 for plates and springs. Still waiting for it to arrive although the hard part is over for me I have the basket out and will slap the new plates in as soon as they arrive.

Top Bottom