intake upgrade for '02 200

boy san

Dec 4, 2002
i just got a 2002 200 from a friend who put on the fmf gnarly and silencer. he hasn't touched the intake section so i want to power that up. i been reading about the rb mod from 33 to 36 mm. what else is involved in this deal? should i also think of getting reads and should i also take out or modify my air box? i'm learning as i go along so much advice is appritiated

knobbytracks

Oct 29, 2001
I believe your 200 has a 35mm carb. The 220 has the 33mm and those people with the 220 are having the RB mod done to their carbs, NOT the 200 carbs. Get some Boyesen reeds and either drill 5-6 half inch holes in the airbox lid and remove the snorkel or toss the lid completely and zip-tie the small electrical unit to the frame.

gooleo

Nov 5, 2002
are you prone to water getting in to your air filter by removing the lid? or would it be safer to just drill the holes?

RTL

~SPONSOR~
Nov 13, 2001
The 220 has the 33mm and those people with the 220 are having the RB mod done to their carbs, NOT the 200 carbs.

knobbytracks, you are not even close to being correct my man... :think: The RB mod is extremely effective with the 200 carb, check out my thread at the top of the forum. RB CARB MOD for 200's, works great! There is much more to the mod than the bore to 36mm. It's all about the pressure..... Venturi side divider.... Love it!

Now I am no carb expert, but please be careful when posting information as many will read your post.. On the upside, you nailed the airbox mod! :thumb:

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Whew! Thanks RTL. I was afraid I'd hafta take my RB carb off my 200!! I think mine was the first one done on a non-ported 200.

boysan:

Yes, you should put in new reeds. Do yourself a favor and get the DeltaForceII reed cage system (and the reeds that come with it).

If not that, at least some aftermarket reed...boysen power reeds or some other form (carbon) depending on what kind of riding you do.

BTW...saying you have a 'gnarly' FmF doesn't say anything. What's the profile of the pipe? It will be either a -30 (rev) or a -35 (torque) pipe.

Nothing you do will make as large a difference as it could if your bike was jetted properly. Bet it's not...............

Check out CDave's site:

http://justkdx.dirtrider.net

for jetting info and basic mod tips (like the airbox thing).

boy san

Dec 4, 2002
thanks canyncarvr

i really can't tell wether it's a rev or torque. when i got the bike it was already on it. i can only tell you that it is a gold series gnarly. is there any way of telling the difference? maybe it's stamped right on there and i'm to blind to see it.

i also want to get the delta force II. what's the difference between the DF II and the boyesen power reeds? i've seen some guys with the boyesen set up.

lastly once i get my carb (rb designs mod), DF II 2 reeds, and airbox lid removed, i'll have the rough task of jetting to make it all work well.

thanks, boy san

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…