Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Oh come on! Raymond's wife is MUCH hotter. The previous statement was not ment to suggest that Krista can be considered "hot" any any way.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Micahdawg said:
Then we heard DeCoster comment during the fuel dilemma that the 450F won't make more power with extra lead. And in fact, the bike makes so much power that they try to tune it back just a hair. (further substantiating that their team isn't looking for more power to win races)

The way I remember it, DeCoster said that they detune RC's SX bike from what it COULD produce. Let's say a stock RMZ450 makes 45 hp and they could easiliy get Ricky's factory RMZ to make 55 hp. Maybe they tune RC's bike to have 52 hp for SX. It's probably still stronger than an RM250 two stroke.

I'll bet they tune for a few more peak hp for the outdoor tracks.

D Lafleur

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 11, 2001
dirt bike dave said:
The way I remember it, DeCoster said that they detune RC's SX bike from what it COULD produce. Let's say a stock RMZ450 makes 45 hp and they could easiliy get Ricky's factory RMZ to make 55 hp. Maybe they tune RC's bike to have 52 hp for SX. It's probably still stronger than an RM250 two stroke.

I'll bet they tune for a few more peak hp for the outdoor tracks.

My little RM 250 made 55 hp from the factory. It now makes 53 across a much wider range. This was done on the poor boy side of the fence, so to think the factory teams couldnt make 52 hp in a 250 is absurd. Of course I do run illegal "low lead" gas according to the AMA.

You guys are right, When I give up my two stroke, you will be able to also get my gun out of my cold right hand. :)

john3_16

May 17, 2004
Who can honestly deny that RC and James would still be winning the races if they were on 2 strokes ?

The harsh reality is they'd still be winning...Just like they did last year...The 4 stroke didn't seem to really help the next best rider (KW) from being "two smoked" continually last year by the top 3 placing 2 stroke riders....

Even MC had his best race on the 2 stroke..Grabbed a big holeshot on it too...However, when MC made the switch he never got another holeshot and his placing didn't get any better...

Sandjunky

Feb 3, 2004
This just in: JS and RC will trade bikes next week to see if it will make a difference in the outcome. CR will announce that he actually has a severed arm and will miss the outdoors season.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
why not just let them all ride mopeds?

I'd love to see the top dogs take 5 laps around the track on fiddy's....maybe after the heats. Before the main.

Top Bottom