ASLCM

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 7, 2002
I have seen KDX 200-220 , New ones like 2000-02 with with Inverted KX forks ? Where can I get a set of Good Inverted forks with out paying for 1/2 a bike ? I really would like a set .

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
Well the 92-93 KDX200s had them stock as did the 91-94 KDX250s. You can also go KX forks and get the rebound adjustment in them. Those are the stock bikes. Just beware of the size of the fork. As they get newer, they get larger. 43, 46 and now 48mm inverted units are out there.

You are going to need the tripple trees also and possibly do some bearing mixing and matching between bikes. Maybe a bit of machining, but can be done. Look here for parts:

http://www.motosalvage.com/

Another alternative is to add a fork brace to the stock conventional forks to help eliminate fork flex (one of the major advantages of the inverted units):

http://www.srcinc.net/forkbrace.html

The SRC brace is a bit spendy, but on my XR600 was worth every penny and more for it!

ASLCM

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 7, 2002
Matt , Thanks . I have been talking with SRC . I have the brace coming . I ordered it before I started this post . I also have the SRC fork gards , black . The problem is they are made out of ABS plastic , Not nylon . I am afraid they will not hold up to the riding I do. the brace should be in tuesday . after all that i was a little disapointed with the guards. I guess I will send them back . That is why I am looking for an inverted set up . I dont think i will be happy unless a have a set . :ugg:

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
I had the SRC brace on my XR600 and never had one problem with the brace or gaurds. the setup is tough and really does work. The gaurd is nice, but if you want something to keep the mud off the fork tubes think about getting that neoprene fork sleeve SRC sells.

The only time I had a problem with the brace was in the lava rock in central oregon. Since the tires would pick up small rocks, then would not fit between the brace and tire. So they would fly off forward in the bike. Never did any damage, just something you notice.

Try the brace, you will like it. About the only other reason beyond looks and USD envy for the USD forks is the lower overhang. But you have to remember that your brake also hang down there with the rotor, so the convential forks give a bit more coverage.

Try the brace! If you ride as hard as I did on the xr600, it was a great investment. It will make riding a lot easier especially if you jump a bit or run into a lot of ruts. It really makes the front end solid.

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
The 93 and 94 43mm inverted fork really wouldn't be an option for the 95+ KDXs, the new units are better from the get go. If you're going to go with USD forks you'll want to go with something fully adjustable. You often see complete front ends on Ebay or stick a wanted add on the 4-sale forum.

Sage installed a set on his bike if you wanted more details on the install. You could also pick up a KX125 rolling chassis from a cart racer and transplant you engine.

David

Sage

dirtbike riding roadracer
Mar 28, 2001
yes, ohlins & wp are pretty availible units, the cost of doing the swap is a bit high when you add in all the parts needed -

forks
kx clamps with a bushing in the top for the kdx stem
a kx hub & axel to lace into your wheel or a complete wheel

it can be done, but dread I say....................... you could buy a KTM or Yamaha for the money you will spend.

How about I sell you my 220 so I can go get a new 250f???

ASLCM

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 7, 2002
Thanks Sage , I put the SRC brace on last night . I hope this will tame the the beast . About the 250f what class can you race that ? Would that fall under 200 cc of road HS ?

Top Bottom