jim c.

Feb 18, 2008
hello. need a little help. installed a set of inverted forks from a 94 kdx 200 on my 90 kdx 200 all works fine except for the brake caliper.do i just need a 94 caliper or some thing from a kx model???? thanks jim. any help would be great.

qwest

Jan 26, 2008
yeah i reckon you need the caliper from the 94 forks as the bolt patterns and brands change through the years,best to ask a wrecker what years fit they know their stuff.sometimes more than likely parts from different models of same years can fit or are the same too.
did u have to mod the triple clamp setup? which wheel are u using?

SVandal

Jul 18, 2007
I believe that some KX calipers will fit these forks, try doing a part number comparison search on one of the online microfiche parts places. I do believe though that they are different as the 93-94 kdx front brake pads are different from all other kdx's but the same as some kx's.

jim c.

Feb 18, 2008
qwest said:
yeah i reckon you need the caliper from the 94 forks as the bolt patterns and brands change through the years,best to ask a wrecker what years fit they know their stuff.sometimes more than likely parts from different models of same years can fit or are the same too.
did u have to mod the triple clamp setup? which wheel are u using?
the triple fit perfect and the 90 wheel is still on. did some searcing there are alot of option for a caliper from kdx to kx 125 250 500 that will fit depending on what e model.thanks for the reply.

ebeck

Dec 13, 2006
Any fork will work. It is all about stem swapping. I can confidently say I can put any fork on the KDX. I put CR250 Twin chamber Showas on a CRF230 using an XR500 stem.

Top Bottom