Inverted vs. Converntional Forks

Rich P

Jan 19, 2005
Sold my 94 KDX200. Looking to by a 01 KDX220. My old bike had inverted forks. They only thing bugging me about buying this newer KDX is the coverntional forks. How good are these forks compared to my old ones? Are my concerns legit.? I trail ride and occasional Hare Scramble

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
the KDX forks are spring for 130lb rider, I had mine re-spring and in 2 years I have never had a leaky seal My inverted forks always leak

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
one isnt necessarily any better than the other for what you are doing. Many trail riders praise the conventional forks because they "flex" more and help the ride. Inverted forks are generally larger in daimeter and have less fork flex, which provides more rigidity (and some would say control). As to the kdx forks, I like the conventional forks. With the rubber booties on them, a leaking fork seal rarely happens.

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
My son has a 2000 KDX200. We've added heavier springs and Race Tech Goldvalves. The forks work very well.

I prefer USD forks and personally believe that the steering is more precise.......especially in sand. If I were riding somewhere else (besides Michigan), I may rethink my preferences.

Top Bottom