Iridium Plugs What Do You Think :- /

GREENHORNET

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2003
WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THE NEW PLUGS-
I'VE HEARD THAT THEY ARE PHASING OUT THE NGK EVX PLUG AND THE IRIDIUM IS GOING TO TAKE IT'S PLACE -- THE IRIDIUM IS HARDER THAN PLATINUM-- VX,GOLD--EV,NICKEL--EG, IT'S ALSO SMALLER IN ELECTRODE SIZE 25% SMALLER THAN PLATINUM --- I HAVE RUN THIS PLUG BEFORE
AND IT RUNS LIKE A VX PLUG ALSO IT USES LESS VOLTS AND IS MUCH BETTER ON YOUR IGNITION SYSTEM

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
Having used most every plug NGK makes, the IX plugs are much like the splitfire plugs. They give you a bit more power "hit" than a stock ES plug.

They are like $7-8 each, ouch! Also do not try to gap these like normal. Any pressure to the electrode and you will break it! You have to pull the ground electrode with a special gaping pliers or needle nose units.

They also can die like the splitfires. Once they foul out, they are dead. They just dont seem to clean off like a ES plug does and be able to reuse it.

I like them. Hope the price comes down. They are slowly expanding the heat range of the IX plugs also.

GREENHORNET

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2003
Hey matt is there a O'rielys parts store around---go there the BR8EIX PLUGS ARE around 5.50 a plug, i rarely by my plugs through the dealer plug part number is 5044 they have them in stock

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
No, this is oregon. No one stocks them and cost on the plugs are like 4-5 bucks for the store anyways. So customer cost is about 11, my cost is like 7 on them.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom