stan67

Dec 29, 2006
hi guys
does anyone use iridium ngk spark plugs in your kdxs?was wondering if its safe to do so and if they make much difference in performance.ive taken snorkel off and put a pro curcuit front pipe and pro curcuit tail pipe on it,ive also put in .42 k-tech fork springs and so my 04 220 is a different bike now.ive started riding it on a mx track near me and was looking for a little bit extra performance,though it goes very well indeed as it is,thanks

stevewr450f

Nov 22, 2006
I use them. They are spendy. Frankly, I cant tell much of a difference. Most KDXs rarely foul a plug anyway. I do think they spark just a little hotter. Maybe the bike starts just a little easier now. I really noticed more of a difference when using on my WR 450. On that bike, it made a bigger difference when starting.

stevewr450f

Nov 22, 2006
PS: KDX is not much of a MX bike. Best motor upgrades: send card and head to Ron Black for mods. Cheap and great return.

For better suspension - make a hybrid. Put KDX motor into KX 125 frame. Or . . . just get yourself a 250 . . .

ebeck

Dec 13, 2006
PS: KDX is not much of a MX bike. Best motor upgrades: send card and head to Ron Black for mods. Cheap and great return.

For better suspension - make a hybrid. Put KDX motor into KX 125 frame. Or . . . just get yourself a 250 . . .

Really, the KDX is not an MX bike? Really, you sure about that? :laugh:

Get a 250? Heck, why not jus get a KX500, I mean it is all about power and nothing but power right? :yikes:

bmcd308

Feb 9, 2007
The OP mentioned that he is riding on MX tracks and is looking for more power for MX. I do not think stevewr450 was off the mark in stating that for MX, the best upgrade for a KDX is probably to trade it in for an MX bike.

I love my KDX, but I know what it is, and if I were going to be riding MX, I would prefer a 250 motocrosser.

krazyinski

Feb 2, 2006
stan67 said:
hi guys
does anyone use iridium ngk spark plugs in your kdxs?was wondering if its safe to do so and if they make much difference in performance.ive taken snorkel off and put a pro curcuit front pipe and pro curcuit tail pipe on it,ive also put in .42 k-tech fork springs and so my 04 220 is a different bike now.ive started riding it on a mx track near me and was looking for a little bit extra performance,though it goes very well indeed as it is,thanks

Yes they are worth the money and you will tell a difference in top end and high rpm performance. just like changing reeds there is a slight performance gain.

I fouled my iridium plug had to replace it with br8es and I thought it was time for a new top end.
could not get the same performance out of the bike on the straights I was W O T and falling flat on top. somthing my bike never did.

I spent some time with the jetting and was just about to give up when I decided to screw the IR plug back BAM!!! that was it
had my old bike back.

I have always run Vforce 3 reeds and a pipe along with it.

I screwed a used IR in my stock KDX and it runs over all Crisper
and faster response.

it has to do with the size of the electrode thin wire fires better.

stan67

Dec 29, 2006
thanks guys,the reason i was asking if it was safe was because i read somewhere that they can damage piston.dont want a mx bike i ride mountain,woods,bit of mx and loads of street because my bike is road registered so i get the best of all worlds,cant do that on a crosser and you dont get the unbeliveable reliability plus its so nice and easy to wheely,no sudden snap back like the crossers i have had.pc pipe helps loads because you dont run outa gear as you do when stock,give a little tug in 3rd as power band starts pump along a bit then change into 4th when your semi lugging and you can keep it up for a good while b4 you run outa gear,i recomend wheelying up hills,now your talking.thanks for the info guys,i am goin to try the plug and see for myself seeing there no horror stories of them,thanks.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom