is a big bore kit the way to go?

titokman

May 5, 2005
I ride a '96 kx250 and I am considering going with a big bore kit. I have read that a 265cc and a 300cc kit are available
through Eric Gorr Fast Motion. My question is if anyone
put a big bore kit in their 250, and which kit proves to be better for woods riding.Thanks for the advice!!!

keithb7

Feb 5, 2005
Not sure if this helps you but I bought a 1993 CR250 with a 265cc big bore kit in it. I only ride woods, single track type stuff. I love this bike. It makes power all over. I had a 12 oz flywheel weight, (just changed it to a 14oz). I am no expert rider however when I compare to stock 250's, I'll take mine any day. Hill climbs are great, bottom end power is great, no need to feather the clutch. The mid power is awesome too.
High end seems no better or worse. The low end and mid have me really excited.

No scientific proof here, just seat of the pants experience.
good luck.

KXtrailrider

Sep 12, 2004
I am very happy with my eg310. Had it done in Feb. of this year. I ride woods single track and wide open desert. My motor has a very strong bottom end a great mid and my top end is as good or better than it was as a 250. I also use a13oz. flywheel weight. I see no down side to this motor and recomend it, I love mine. I am using mobetter porting and pump gas. I think KX's should come this way after riding mine for a few months. I ride my friends 98 that runs good and it feels weak. I am very happy with mine and would do it again. Good luck Ed

titokman

May 5, 2005
Thanks for the input guys!!! I greatly appreciate it.
Just wondering about the 310 big bore kit.......is it more maintanance than the stock motor? Ever had any problems with overheating? I am leaning towards the 310 kit cause i am a bigger rider and I
seem to lack alot of power especially on the hills. I don't know alot about rebuilding the engines, and I am curious. Thanks!!

KXtrailrider

Sep 12, 2004
I have not overheated or used one drop of coolent. I don't think maintance will be change at all. You should get one of Eric's books, it is one of the best ways out there to learn about dirt bikes. Search 310 and you will find alot of stuff about them. Ed

Top Bottom