Is Chaparral the King of poor custome service?

muscle

Mar 17, 2002
I will. I already received a email receipt for the first one so they know this thread is here.

I'm gonna send 'em another! :aj:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Nice.;)

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
Motosport outlet and Rocky Mountain have been excellent for me. They never screw up orders and they ship very quickly. Dennis Kirk has also done a good job for me. Chaparral has screwed up orders for me in the past, so I will never deal with them again. Also, they won't tell you if an item is on backorder. The only way you find out is when you don't see it and call them.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Throttlehead is becoming my new favorite. They've treated me right from day one. Gotta love it when the guy will email back and forth with you a dozen times to clarify things before you even order!

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
Guess what? Chaparral sent me a new catalog today! Wouldn't ya know it, it didn't even work as fire starter in my fireplace! What a waste of perfectly good paper and ink. I guess I should have used it to level the cabinets in the garage. Oh well. ;)
Darrin

2stroke

Nov 7, 2001
I only ordered from Chaparral once. Nothing major, but they back ordered a main jet, and 2 months later, I got a jet needle for who knows what. I gave up on the $2.30 main...I had gotten another one anyway. Once, a friend of mine ordered about $20 worth of crap from them, and they shipped him about $150 worth of someone elses order!!! He got an enduro light kit, a bunch of lubes and all kind of crap. He called them about it and they wanted HIM to pay to ship it back!!! He sold the crap on Ebay! Heh heh....

I have had good luck with Dennis Kirk.

74Rallye

Apr 30, 2003
I just checked the rear sprocket I got from Chaparral for flatness as it was sticking out of both sides of the poorly packed box when I recieved it. It has a .010 tweak to it. I don't know if that's enough to hurt the chain, but they should know better that to wedge a loose sprocket into a cardboard box.

NYkdxer

Feb 21, 2003
I have ordered from Dennis Kirk numerous times, with NO problems. I order on-line and they ship the order out the same day, and it arrives within 4 days.

I recieved a Chapparal catalog a couple weeks ago with a lot of the pages all ripped up, oh well. From what I've heard here I definitely will NOT order from them. Customer service should be #1 priority, it keeps customers coming back. Evidently they want to lose customers. They lost one right here thanks to this thread :). Spread the word.....Thanks!

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
The catalogs from Chaparral are great, great for seeing what you're ordering from other vendors.;)

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
I'll second that, Elk! Just look for what you want in the Craparral catalog, and then order ANYWHERE else!

muscle

Mar 17, 2002
Well I've sent them a link to this thread twice now and I have also received a read receipt for both of them. So It is obvious they do not care. :|

I'll just put them high up on the boycott list, right up there with French wine and such! :uh:

Top Bottom