Is Eric Gorr still doing engine work?

sbagley

Oct 12, 2001
I'm rebuilding my 02'cr250 and have been trying to call and email Eric Gorr for weeks. I decided to go ahead, I just took the Head and Cylinder off and really want to get things back together soon :ugg:. Just tried calling Eric again with no answer.

I would rather use Eric (than Tom Morgan or Varner) but want to make sure he is still taking orders and providing the mods listed on the forward motion web site.

I wanted to have my Cylinder ported, decked & head mods :bang:. I could at least get the local shop to mod my head and skip the porting until the next rebuild :ugg:.

Anyone been in contact with Eric or even anyone at his company? I can't get through to ANYONE :ohmy:. Are they still in business?

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Best time to catch Eric in the shop is early in the morning before the phone gets too crazy. Eric is still very much in business, maybe too much business some days. :yikes:

His website has current information. :cool:

lwsmithjr

~SPONSOR~
Sep 18, 2002
I just had Eric do those exact mods to my '99 YZ 250. Use the Service Order form on his website, answer all that applies and send it to him. He may be too busy to answer the phone but I had my cylinder back in 10 days (That's out my door and back to me!).

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
lwsmithjr said:
He may be too busy to answer the phone but I had my cylinder back in 10 days (That's out my door and back to me!).

That's kind of why he is limiting his phone time. He is trying to keep turnaround time to a minimum so guys don't miss too much riding.
:ride:

Eric Gorr

Engine Builder
Jun 29, 1999
Sorry about the phone. We get as many as 300 tech calls a day and only 4% turn into actual paying jobs. Sometimes I just yank the telephone cord out of the wall and concentrate on the work that I have.

HobRoff

Sep 10, 2003
Had the 2mm overbore and "Mo better everywhere" done this last winter, very very fun :yikes: , great work and customer support -- Thanx Eric

kawdude

~SPONSOR~
May 20, 2003
Only 4%! That's really too bad it works that way.

I had my topend and crank rebuilt by EG and think it was well worth the money. My job took a little longer but that because it was sent in during the busy season. No worries!

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
xcracer725 said:
so he sells books? lol from what i read he works with th cylinder and all

Why :bang: do :bang: I :bang: bother ? :bang:

Last edited:

kawdude

~SPONSOR~
May 20, 2003
You may want to look at website. He does way more than sell books. He is the defacto king of rodding a bike :aj:

xcracer725 said:
so he sells books? lol from what i read he works with th cylinder and all

MikeeeP

Dec 7, 1999
Eric Gorr said:
Sorry about the phone. We get as many as 300 tech calls a day and only 4% turn into actual paying jobs. Sometimes I just yank the telephone cord out of the wall and concentrate on the work that I have.

Plus that Mike Patrick guy keeps calling to ask if you want moonshine... that sure doesn't help with the work load either!

"that sure doesn't help with the work load either" meaning the phone call. I guess the "moonshine" sure wouldn't help either haha

MP

rirog

Jun 8, 2005
Don't worry the man has clients you would be in awe over--- down load his work order-- Check off what you want done --Send it UPS insured -- Check Pay Pal or pre pay with a certified check -- Let the man do his magic-- When your parts are ready he will email you with great news-- signed a satisfied customer ---- ri rog

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Didn't that guy run for President?

holeshot01

Apr 22, 2001
Eric gorr engine work, easily the best bang for the buck.

While your at it, order a JD jet kit.

Huge reasons for those dreaded "Helmet Giggles" :laugh:

Top Bottom