Is it ok to run without this gasket?

goldman15

Jun 9, 2001
Took my Kips resinator cover (left side of cylinder)off and tore the gasket. Of course my Kawasaki does not stock it and will need to order. Do I need to wait for the gasket or can I ride without it until the gasket arrives? Doesn't seem like it will do any harm and if it does what harm would it do? Thanks

kevinkdx

Mar 25, 2001
i would just wait for the gasket or at least seal it with high temp silicone untile you get the gasket if you do want to do riding without the gasket. At least that way it will have some protection from dirt entering into it.

goldman15

Jun 9, 2001
Kevinkdx
Thanks for the reply. After I read your post I went to Autozone and and instead of the silicone I bought a sheet of gasket paper. I cut it out, put it on my bike and now at least I can ride till my pathetic local Kawasaki dealer receives the gasket. Thanks again.

kevinkdx

Mar 25, 2001
yup no problem, i feel your pain thats why i always have extra gasket material and most of the time a whole gasket set around just in case, cuz i always hate waiting 2 weeks just to go riding again cuz of some stinkin gasket. Have fun!:)

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Goldman,

If you made the kips cover gasket from gasket material - i would not waste your $$ with the Kawasaki gasket from your dealer. You could better spend your $$ elsewhere.

kaw Bill

Oct 1, 1999
I would just save the kawi gasket for later. It's probably made from the same material anyway. I did the same thing with the gasket for the cooland hose fitting that's on top of the cylinder and was surprised to find out the one I make looked pretty much the same as the oem one.

kaw Bill

andrew

Aug 7, 1999
Why bother with kawa gaskets anyway? Permatex silicon does everything except the head gasket, even the pipe! The only gasket I ever buy is the head gasket.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom