miistajace

Jun 11, 2006
hey guys new to this forum and just have to say ...great..:) ive learnt alot from just flicking through already... i just bought a 98 cr 125 and got it home to find that there is a fair amount of oil coming from the gasket where the exhaust is conected to the engine block. i know this can be easily fixed with a new gasket but i dont want to hide a problem if there is something more wrong with the motor. i ran it for about 5 minutes and got five drips of oil on my garage floor. it starts first kick every time and idles a bit low i guess itll idle for a couple of mins then get low like its going to drop out but a small tweek of the throtle and it will go for another couple of mins.. also it blows a fair amount of smoke even after 5 mins of running is this just new rings needed?. now keep in mind i have not even taken this bike for a ride. i wanted to make sure all is ok before i go. thankyou in advance for your helpfull responses. and again what a great site i can asure you i will be back in the future:) cheers...jace from australia
oh and i dont know what feul mix is in it or how old it is. thankyou!

4unner4life

Mar 11, 2005
Well there is two problems.
1. The bike is jetted rich. you should rejett
2. CR's are known for there terrible exhuast flanges. Buy a new aftermarket flange. There only like 40$.

IF you dont rejet but put on the new flange the oil well be coming up to your silencer and spitting it out, which is worse in my opinion.

There is no real problem that i can think of with running the bike rich as long as you run it hard and your not fouling plugs.

miistajace

Jun 11, 2006
thankyou for your advice i apreciate it.:)... now could you help me out by letting me know how it is you "rejet"?? is this just like buying a carby kit for a car or can ou just get the jet..? thanks again new to this stuff.

miistajace

Jun 11, 2006
thankyou!:D so all in all you think the bike will be ok after that??? do you think i should replace the rings and piston too orr.......

Top Bottom