Is the 426 hard to start in cold weather?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
POST in the CORRECT forum please. Moved to (oddly enough) the Thumper Forum.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Not if they are jetted correctly and you are using the proper fuel. Some race fuels can cause hard starting in cold weather but it's a simple problem to fix.

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
Not at all. I've been riding my 426 since I got it the first week of January. At the time it was around 0-20 degrees. Its now mostly in the 60's, and I have NEVER had a problem starting it. I still have not rejetted for the warmer weather, but will probably do so soon.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
My tolerance for that crap is fairly small so if you are going to post in the forums where I have the keys, try and stay on topic. If you feel you can't I'll help keep the thread on topic, if you aren't comfortable with that then I would strongly suggest finding somewhere else to play :) Taking it as some type of personal afront is silly.

Mickey Fickey

Oct 4, 2000
Hey man I just said that there were so many different forum topics I wasn't sure where to post it, I didn't say your mom stinks or something.Appears to me some folks like to exert non existing authority.I'm obviously one of the good guys, I have been intellegently posting on here for a long time, please don't treat me like some 13 year old newbie here to cause trouble.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Like I said earlier, don't take this stuff so personal. It isn't intended that way.

It appears that you got good answers to your question so this thread is closed. If there is anything I didn't cover to your satisfaction feel free to click my e-mail icon and let me know.

Top Bottom