woodsrider823

Aug 8, 2005
heres the thing my bike sits for about a week sometimes 2 in my barn. the nights have been somewhat cold and days are getting there. I go to start my bike and it wont start. then like 30 min later i try again and most of the time itll start. then the next day starts first kick then it sits and same thing happens. any ideas?

keithb7

Feb 5, 2005
Carburetor circuits are directly effected by cold weather. Colder weather means adjustment of the pilot screw and/or possibly a different pilot jet. Not 100% sure but colder weather means less density, less oxygen, therefore you need to lean up your jetting.

SirHilton17

Aug 6, 2005
Cold weather will make yur bike act lean...
therefore you must richen up yur jetting leaning it will only make it worse.....
im not sure but i think that cold weather just makes it SEEM lean although its really not...

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
Cold, dry air will have more oxygen than warm, moist air. More oxygen means more fuel.

RED EXPRESS

Sep 16, 2005
MXSparx said:
Cold, dry air will have more oxygen than warm, moist air. More oxygen means more fuel.
Assuming that you are jetted close you should turn the air screw in about 1/4-1/2 turn to richen up the idle circuit a bit this should help. Take a good look at your plug.

Top Bottom