kx80rider

Mar 29, 2002
Hey all, im 14 5'5 120 lbs, i have been rideing for about 3-4 years and right now i have a 2000 kx80, all i do is trail ride and hill climb, the only big prob with my kx is that it has no bottom end at all, and i have to get a good runing start to make it up a long steep hills, are the kdxs (200-220) have aounth bottom end? like, can i stop at a bottom of a steep hill and make it up? well thanks for any help!!
Philip

"the snake guy"

fuzzy

~SPONSOR~
Jul 26, 2002
Hell yes! For you it will probably feel like you've switched to a 500 in the torque department! You tall enough for one too. You'll also be able to keep it forever as I'm 6' 200lbs and my KDX will lug by big ass through anything. IMHO, the KDX is the ONLY tight woods worthy 2-stroke.

KIPS, it's like VTEC for 2-strokes ;P

davidg

Apr 30, 2002
The kdx has plenty of bottom end, I have the 220 with a torque pipe. Some of the hills I ride on have no running start and the guys I ride with who have mx bikes have trouble going up them. They spin the wheel and have to abuse the clutch to make it up. On a slow steep hill I can float my front wheel all the way to the top with out spinning the rear tire.

Bread

Mar 1, 2002
I ride with my cousin an his two boys, both started out on KX80's but one is your age and moved to a 95 KDX last year. Its fit him fine and he loves it to death. I've noticed a HUGE change in his riding as the bike has helped him alot. And yes..the KDX is a hill climbing machine.

KdxChode

Jun 18, 2001
The only prob I have with hills and the 220 is lots of torque and traction. Sometimes I wish my knob was worn out. On hills with no running start you will find yourself using the low end and the bike gets so much traction you have to sit on the handlebars trying to keep the front end down. It is seriously almost like a four stroke in the low end. if you can ride a KX80 on the trails then the KDX will be like a walk in the park. Trails you found a challenge on the KX just might be too easy on the KDX.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom