HomeMadeSin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2001
I just noticed the new format on posts showing the DRN chapter you belong to. I posted the same question about a year ago and got zip. Here's another try. Anybody interested?

mxer842

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2003
sorry damn thing wasn't logged in, bnut that was me that posted

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
It is basically a place to gather members of DRN that are in the same region. We have drummed up quite a group over in the North Texas Smack Pack and a group manages to get together somewhere most every weekend.

I know that Colorado and New Mexico is a large region, but there are the following members from the area that come to mind. You might PM or email them and try and drum up a new group for the area.

Rodzilla
VintageDirt
BEEF706
OnAnySunday

There are bound to be others. I hot linked the guys above. :thumb: to make it easy to contact them.

Here is a link to the TeamDRN Local Chapters Bylaws for quick reference.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
The idea is simple. DRN will give you a little place of your own to pass along good riding places and times to meet, who's available, without having to read every post in the Places to Ride Forum. This isn't about competing with the other forum, rather to enhance the communication amoung riders that are geographically close. Once a Chapter is established, you'll find someone who is ready to ride virtually anytime.
I get two or three invites to ride a week and I am nothing special :scream:. Really, you will almost feel like a pro getting PM's, emails, and phone calls from your chapter members asking if you are in on the ride. Sometimes this comes up spur of the moment and other times is planned in advance. Once you get a group of DRN'rs together, the fun will start. The NTSP and HS ride almost every weekend, somewhere. We commonly drive to other places to ride with other DRN'rs. All we need is an invite and directions. Feel to join us anytime you see a ride that you "might" be able to make. Never no.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Brian did a much better job than I of explaining it. As he said in another thread, you guys live in the MECCA of trail riding. There are many of us that will drive to Colorado to ride on a moments notice.

Watch for people from Colorado, Wyoming, New Mexico, Western Kansas, Nebraska etc. and PM them when you see them post on the site.

The first post I saw in the NTSP was Hello .... anyone in here :laugh: because we hadn't built the community yet. The Heartland Spodes are an example of a group that gets it right.

Enjoy and yell if you want help.

HomeMadeSin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2001
Sorry guys, I dropped the ball for a few days. For some reason, I wasn't notified there were replies and I just thought I posted another dud! :eek:

Thanks Tony, I'll send a PM to those you mentioned. I knew about Rodzilla and others like CO Dan, but I haven't seen much posted by them in recent months, but that could just be me.

Last edited:

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
I'm interested. I was about to beg one of the other chapters to let me in.

HomeMadeSin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2001
sweeeeeet. If there are others in the area that you guys know of that may be interested, let 'em know.

According to the by-laws, the 1st meeting is typically 15 March each year and can be held on the internet (I guess a chat room?). So we have some time to get organized.

In the meantime, anyone have suggestions on a name? My simple mind usually thinks of geography features (Rockies, Four Corners, etc).....or food (Habeneros?).

I'll try and do much of the grunt work as possible. I don't care who gets what title - my main goal is to ride with good people.

TaxPhd

Dec 29, 2003
I would definately be in.

I bought my bike ('04 KDX200) on 12/31/03, and haven't met anybody to ride with (probably because I am a beginner, and slow . . . :laugh: ).

I have been going mainly to PMI. Today I went to Texas Creek, but once you got back in, there was too much snow.

Scott

mxer842

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2003
PMI is crazy this time of year, its been atleast 4months since any water has been put on it... hows this for a name: "The Mile High club" :yeehaw:

HomeMadeSin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2001
Glad to hear it Scott, and welcome to dirtbikes! A KDX200 is a great woods bike, for sure.

PMI is ok for a while, but it kinda leaves ya dreaming for trees. I'm sure it would be an ideal training location for Mars astronauts.

I just got my bike back from a check-up at the dealer and was thinking hard about hitting Pawnee National Grasslands tomorrow. I suspect that snow will be an issue. What the hey......

TaxPhd

Dec 29, 2003
Crazy is a pretty accurate description. Hard packed, covered in loose rocks/dust. I've fallen twice due to my front wheel getting out from under me in turns.

Where are the Pawnee Grasslands? Nice place to ride?

Scott

mxer842

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2003
PMi is the best track in the world on race days, nice and tacky and the ruts are deep enough that most of the corners you can drag your handlebars in third ...but during tthe week it is pretty hard to ride.

How many of you guys ride woods and how many are racing SRAC next year?
Whos going to the arenacross in feburary?

HomeMadeSin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2001
Pawnee National Grasslands are north east of Greeley (read: just shy of the WY border). Do a search on Pawnee and you should get the Forest Service page on it. It is closed during summer months. Looks similar to PMI play areas (near the RR tracks).

I can't speak for PMI on race days, but any other days it it super hard, dry and rutty. Plus, when riding in the play areas where there are lots of small rocks, it wears my tires out quickly. Plus, it is a mega- dust bowl.

mxer842 - I prefer singletrack woods and try to get up and around Ramprt Range more than the tracks (Watkins, etc). I'm don't race anymore, but would like to check out the SRAC events and even some Trials. Arenacross just doesn't do it for me.

OnAnySunday

Big Pig
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
lost in the deserts of NM
Jeez! Take a break from the computer and look what i missed!
:confused:
Count me in too!

(Beef, your not the only orphink here...)
And TaxPhd, dude you aint seen slow till ya seens me. :think:
And i ride a BRP.......oh the shame of it...... :whiner:

CJ Rider

~SPONSOR~
Apr 3, 2000
HomeMadeSin- 'Count me in. Most of us front range locals (Rodzilla, etc.) meet up on the cotrailriders Yahoo Group, but here's a good place to meet up too.

TaxPhd- We hit PMI in the winter a bunch, so just yell when ya want to ride sometime! We rode there this weekend and we'll prolly ride there next weekend too if the weather cooperates. I think we're headed to Berthoud the weekend after that.

TaxPhd

Dec 29, 2003
CJ Rider,

Thanks for the invite. I have a pretty flexible schedule, and try to get down there once during the week, and then again on the weekend. If the weather cooperates, I'll see you there!

Scott

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
CJ, Are you gonna be at Berthoud on President's day weekend? My (ex) bro-in law and I are gonna go to Berthoud, on that Sunday and I'm gonna go to Lakewood that Sat. maybe we could take a couple of laps?

Top Bottom