muddy13

Oct 5, 2007
well ive been looking for a new bike, and i found a ad for a dirtbike that too my eyes seems like a good buy.but ill let you guys decide for me :cool:

2001 CR250R,used

new studded prellies tires, with two mint condition knobby tires,fatty bars,metal mulisha graphics,mint black plastics, FMF exhaust,new spark plug,top end done. 3000$ ono. :yikes:

now i seen a pic and this bike looks pretty killer. i just wanna know if its a good buy or not :nod:

muddy13

Oct 5, 2007
ive been riding my friends 250 4 stroke yammy for a few days now and its got a nice bit of power but from what ive rode on her i think after a few months riding id be alright with it, just gotta take it slow until im fully comfortable with it

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
That is a bit pricey for an 01. Even with the mods you should be able to pick it up cheaper. Newer 2 stroke 250's are in that price range and many have more mods. If you are just considering it because it is local, get a better deal or save your money for a newer machine.

rbt76

Aug 11, 2007
ive been riding my friends 250 4 stroke yammy for a few days now and its got a nice bit of power but from what ive rode on her i think after a few months riding id be alright with it, just gotta take it slow until im fully comfortable with it

A 250 Four storke and 250 two stroke are completly different beasts. If you are not yet comfortable on the 4 stroke 250 the 2 stroke 250 will be a lot of bike to handle.

...ooh and the price does seem high. I would expect to pay $1,800 to $2,400 for that bike depending on condition.

rbt76

Aug 11, 2007

A 250 Four storke and 250 two stroke are completly different beasts. If you are not yet comfortable on the 4 stroke 250 the 2 stroke 250 will be a lot of bike to handle.

...ooh and the price does seem high. I would expect to pay $1,800 to $2,100 for that bike depending on condition.

muddy13

Oct 5, 2007
lol well by not full comfortable i meant like not use to the size, i can cat walk down the road on his yammy like nothing and the power is nice, its just the big bike facter that i need to get use too. and i talked to him and he said he'd drop it to 2000-2400

Cman250

Dude Guy Bub
~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Mar 31, 2007
That CR250 will be a couple inches lower to the ground compared to that Yamaha if that helps any. Just be careful for the first couple weeks and after that be twice as careful because when you think you are starting to get used to the bike and start getting a little more daring, that bike will put you back in your place and you may wind up getting hurt. I know because a bought an 02 CR250 about a month ago and it is my first bike :yikes: Simple enough if you respect the bike, it will respect you back. :nod: If i could start out on a CR250r having no prior experience, im sure you can too.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Every market is different for used prices but that would be a touch high here although used Honda's always seem to fetch what I think are ridiculous prices so who knows.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Another thing to realize that the "that price is to high" crowd were US posters. The bikes value would differ quite a bit in Canada. Eh, Chili You might have a better grasp on prices up there if you can get the internet working in your igloo, eh

muddy13

Oct 5, 2007
lol yeah are prices seem to be more expensive for some reason.i wonder if u can get high speed up in the northwest terrtories =/ haha.

elcamino12sec

Jan 16, 2006
I would say 2500 would make it an ok deal. As long as it has super low hours and its real clean and well taken care of. With most bikes you can tell how well its been taken care of with in two minutes of looking at it. Also, if your considering this bike, make him show you reciepts or an old piston to prove the motor work. "New top end" is in most two storke adds, wether or not is true is another thing.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I think the exchange rate is pretty close, maybe +/- $0.03 either way but maybe it's because bikes up in the great white north get less use? You know they run those sled dogs and snowmobiles a lot of the year. Of course most Canadians I know could drink a gang of quad riders under a picnic table so maybe it's high based on less crash damage?

muddy13

Oct 5, 2007
lol yeah, we tend too be alot more heavier in ski doos, im a yamaha fan personally, i ride a rx1 1000 lol

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Patman said:
I think the exchange rate is pretty close, maybe +/- $0.03 either way but maybe it's because bikes up in the great white north get less use?

The main reason for the difference would be the $1700 difference in MSRP betwen the US and Canadian markets on a new 250F. The manufacturers have always hidden behind the value of the Canadian dollar as the issue but now that the dollar is at or near par with the US dollar all sorts of heck is breaking loose in the market and without one heck of a correction in Canadian pricing I'm not sure what is going to happen.

Top Bottom