digifox

May 25, 2006
I know i know this is DIRT rider. but i figured i would ask.

So i have a 1993 Ninja 250 that has Keithin CVK30 carbs*stock*
Main Jet is a 115(down from a 122 Dynojet) a Stock Pilot jet, Needle on...uh i think the 3rd*middle* slot and the Mixture screws are out...well i forgot.
It has a full Yoshimura 2-1 system, and no filter*getting a K&N tomorrow*but it had the STOCK airbox with UNI foam.

My problem is not in the throttle response, but the Free revving.

It runs awesome and will rev up like it should...BUT coming down it totally different.
It will either come down very slow and drop below the idle speed and rev itself to 5,000 OR it will just hang at 6,000 and SLOWLY idle down.

BUT just a LITTLE blip on the throttle(maybe enough to jump it up 100RPM) it will idle down like it should

If i back the mixture screws out way far it will just bog and die.
And mind you it was doing this with the stock airbox on it*so the filter made no difference..other the the popping through the carbs*

But the weirdest part i find its a CV carb *JUST LIKE on the KLX650...only 12mm smaller*
the slide go down like they should but the engine will keep revving.

Ive Cleaned the carb, checked the boots for leaks, Synced the carbs and changed the plugs.

Now what i can say its not is a stuck throttle, since i have left the throttle disconnected during my.....Testing of other problems.

I had it on the center stand in 3rd hit the limiter and killed it.
and pulled the #1 plug
the ground is an off white. the insulator is Black/brown
And the base is Black.

I was told
the fact that something on it was off white means you are probably in good shape.

But that was just on the stand with no load, so im not really sure how well its running.lol

But i DO NOT want to go off riding on a bike that i let of the throttle could possible rev up to 6k on me.
__

Side note:
three thing i KNOW will cause this
1.bad plugs
2.water in the bowls
3.Lose clamps.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
And sorry for the text wall

digifox

May 25, 2006
dirt bike dave said:
I think you are too lean. No air filter will cause you to lean out.

Put an air filter on and turn in the mixture screws for starters.

mind you it was doing this with the stock airbox on it*so the filter made no difference..other the the popping through the carbs*

Im guessing its the pilot jet is WAY lean....but it just started out of the blue. Before i changed the Main Jet.
Mixture screws, make it not idle down or bog and die at idle

Top Bottom