jayg

Dec 27, 2007
I have an 1982 it465, I'm looking for more power / harder hit as in YZ 465. This bikes runs good, starts 3rd kick. I replaced the stock plastic with DC plastic (81 YZ) . The seat and tank are off a 82 YZ490. DG pipe and silencer. What mods should I do to this bike ? Or should I sell and look for a YZ465 ? If sold what would it be worth ? Thanks, Jay

Jan 3, 2007
The cylinder makes a huge difference but you have to change the timming to go with it. Also, a lighter YZ465 flywheel will give it more snap.

P.S. proper jetting is key to having a fast IT.

Jan 3, 2007
Bikeboneyard.com
and Eb@y.com

I have a spare cylinder that you could buy from me but its a IT cylinder. I could send it to Eric Gorr and have it ported for agressive YZ power and then send it to you or you just do it with your current cylinder.

jayg

Dec 27, 2007
Isn't a wide ratio IT trans the same as a WR500? If I remember right the WR series stood for wide ratio. I planned on 2 more teeth on the rear sprocket. Jay

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
jayg said:
Isn't a wide ratio IT trans the same as a WR500? If I remember right the WR series stood for wide ratio. I planned on 2 more teeth on the rear sprocket. Jay

The only way to get the YZ(partially) is the close ratio gear box the YZ has, the spacing between gears makes alot of difference. The cylinder(ie port timing) will change power delivery but without the correct gearing power delivery will not be as strong due to the gap between gears.

Regarding the WR, yes it is a wide ratio like the IT.

You might consider buying a motor on evilbay(sorry, for some bizarre reason you can't say @bay!)

jayg

Dec 27, 2007
Not many open class bikes or parts around here. I'll probably find a YZ bottom end and build up a motor. The frame is a piece of cake to modify. The rear shock appears to be rebuilt already.

Jan 3, 2007
If you are interested i have a cylinder, head, right side case, tranny, and crank for it. As far as the cylinder goes i would try letting Eric gorr do some work on it along with the head.

jayg

Dec 27, 2007
2 strokes for life said:
If you are interested i have a cylinder, head, right side case, tranny, and crank for it. As far as the cylinder goes i would try letting Eric gorr do some work on it along with the head.
What are you asking for your parts?

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom