CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
Well the snow is starting to melt, so I decided it was time to get the CR ready for another season :) I mentioned to my buddy eariler in the week that I wanted to give my bike a tune-up/overhaul, since he is mechanic I figured I could use some of his knowledge, anyways I get a call EARLY in the morning and he wants to start.
To make a long story short, we tore apart the linkage and cleaned and regreased everything, took apart the stearing stem and greased it (which had barely any grease in it, and my bike is an 01, grr I should have got at it earlier), cleaned the bike pretty good (airbox, boot etc) got everything retorqued, tightened, loc-tite, anit-seized YOU NAME IT. Even swapped out my warped FMF pipe :)

It's a good feeling when you know your bike is PREMIUM, ready to rip, with everything perfect :)

ps, We even set my sag, When the snow melts in another week or two it's time to let er rip:aj:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
The groundhog saw his shadow, you've got some more winter on the way, 6 more months!!! hehehehehehe :p:p
Elk

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
There goes the neighborhood!!:) It was a beautiful 75 degrees today, just thought I'd let you know.:p
Elk

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
What? You can predict the weather better than our idiots?! :)

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
ELK you WILL pay!!!!
What did I wake up to this morning? Take a wild guess!

A BLIZZARD

If I have to go to CA and buy every donut in your area I will! Better yet I will get icing sugar and honey glaze banned!!!!:p

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Let's not let this get out of hand now! Just cause you're snowed in, you little snow bunny!hehehe :p Go make a snow man and post a pix of it for me.
Elk

fatty_k

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2001
Ya CanadianRidr , I know the feeling. I just experinced it a couple days ago when I rode my bike for the first time after a winter tear down just like yours. The snow is almost gone here. Its been the mid teens for the past 2 weeks :)
ps. thats mid teens in celsius, so like 60 F :) Spring is finally here.

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
Ha ha, we finally got out last weekend for the first ride. 7 degree's and muddy as hell. The first ride's always the best, even though I lost a side panel while flying down some railroad tracks tapped out in 5th, tee hee. I got new ones on order anyhow :) Have fun...

Any of you guys going to make it down for DW'02??

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
Hucker I want to go, it's an idea in the back of my head. Heck you could always swing down to Edmonton and get me :aj: lol

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
Yeah its only about 36 hours out of my way :p You should think about it. Its going to take me something like 25 hours to drive there, not like I really care caused I missed it last year. The plan is to wear Canadian Olympic Hockey jerseys while riding, I still wanna rub it in a bit :aj:

Here's Mapquest's Estimated time from Edmonton...

Total Estimated Time: Total Distance:
36 hours, 60 minutes 3078.85 km

Ouch, that really hurts....

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
Allright Cam, what do you suggest? :aj:

PS, Wearing a Canadian Hockey jersey around 500 Americans Might not be the best idea, ahh heck Im in ;)

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
I ride Welland all the time, not a bad place at all. I like making runs up to the old Robin Flour plant and running the pits behind it. Plus ripping down the tracks in 5th gear pinned is also an adventure. Next time you come down, gimme a couple of days notice, we'll hook up and get out for a boot.

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
CanadianRider

We'll need a truck and a small enclosed trailer, ie. 6x12 or smaller. I've got a truck, can you get access to a trailer?

36 hours can be done in 2 days, no problemo..

Prepare for Canada's Olympic drinking team in Stillwater, OK, here's your chance to even the score guys..

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
Cam if you really want to I have a featherlite trailer :aj: No truck, but I do have a trailer :)
I believe it is 8*12

ps... Oh no I have to see when the next semester of college starts...hmm dirtweek....college.....dirtweek...college :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom