Red_Rooster

May 26, 2005
Many of you may remember seeing my bike after I had a head on colision with a YZ250. Here is a pic of the aftermath:
crash044.jpg

I got it together in time to race the first round of the national AMA Hare Scrambles held here in AZ. Here are a few pics of the finished product, including black plastic, oversize bars and dampener, and modified number plate.

kdx002.jpg

Finished Product

kdx003.jpg

That is the same ProCircuit pipe that was smashed. Crescent Pipe Repair did a great job getting it back in shape.

The number plate is for a 97KX250. I used pieces of Stainless Steel tubing and washers as standoffs to mount the plate. The top hole lined right up, and I had to drill the bottom holes in the numberplate to line up with the existing holes in the lower triple clamp.

kdx006.jpg

Scotts Dampener with BRP tripleclamp and Renthal bars.

kdx008.jpg

Red_Rooster

May 26, 2005
lets just say, much better than I. Actually, if you see where my wheel is collapsed, that is where I hit him in the swingarm. He locked it up, and slid it sideways into me, while on the wrong side of a forest road. Anyway, my brake rotor cut his swingarm in half on that one side. Other than that, his bike was fine. neither of us had any broken bones, but I suffered soft tissue damage above my knees where I hit the bars.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Good job :cool:

Red_Rooster

May 26, 2005
Pacific crest pipe repair in Oregon does the pipe repair for 50 bucks,regardless of damage, plus 12 bucks return shipping. you also have to pay to ship it to them. from here in AZ it was 18 bucks. All told it was 80 bucks, it was a 2 day turn around once they received the pipe.It took about a week total turn around time. It didnt quite fit when I got it back, and it required a little coaxing to get it to line up, but considering how bad it was, im not surprised. so, 80 bucks vs 220 or so was well worth the "adjusting" I had to do.

http://piperepair.com

JST122

Dec 29, 2005
I remember your story did the guy who was on the wrong side of the trail riding side by side with his buddy throw you a few bucks to help with the repairs? I cant believe the Rotor on your bike sliced through his swingarm on one side that is some crazy force. Again, you are both so lucky.

Red_Rooster

May 26, 2005
Unfortunately, the guy didnt pony up any cash. I gave him the opportunity to make things right. However he felt that I was in the wrong for going too fast, and seemingly "ride right into him". I was holding my line, and he is the one who slid out into me. Oh well. I could have pressed litigation, however I personally think too much suing occurs, so I just chalked it up to experience. Remember, what comes around, goes around. He'll be judged by a higher power someday, and he'll get his in the end.

I got forks and wheel from someone on this board that had an extra set. I had to get a new silencer, and get the pipe fixed. All of the other stuff I was gonna do myself anyway.

~RR

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom