Dirtykid

Jul 8, 2002
After a long winter I finally brought out my bike in the spring and in was running better then ever until about July when all hell broke loose.

You see all of sudden one day this hot girl next door came over and she wanted to see my bike go, and so I pulled it out of the garage and went to start it, kick kick kick, nothing, i checked the spark and it was good. Then finaly it started and it was like there was no power in my bike, I gave it some gas and it made some ugly low pitch sound and then just died. She was getting impatient and I was getting angry so I just left it.

Next day

My sisters friend comes over and he says he knew alot about 2 strokes and so we tried to get it started and it started once and did the exact powerless ugly sound and died. He then told me that i should clean out my carb cause that might be the problem. And then it happened, I cross threaded the cable holder into the throttle valve, and it was stuck. Bike shop said 175 bucks for a new piece so i screw that ill just get a whole new carb. I worked and worked and about 1 month and half or 2 went by and my bike has been sitting there in my garage.

So now i come to you people of the forums for some help. I just ordered a Keihin Air Striker carb which should be coming in sometime next week, and I was wondering if I should do anything to my bike since its been sitting there so long, or do you think i can just slap in the new carb and it will be fine ??

And also I dont even know if it was my carb that was the problem in the first place, has anyone experienced that powerless low blah blah sound, I hope i can get my bike back in running condition.

Thanks for dealing with my extremely long post, and thanks for your any advice.

Dirtykid

Y2Z

~SPONSOR~
Apr 6, 2002
happened to my buddys YZ, mixed his gas to rich and it would just bog and stall...
did you put new gas in it before you started it for that girl?

Dirtykid

Jul 8, 2002
Damn maybe thats why. it was old gas that i had, mixed in with the fuel stabilizer from when i stored it in winter, and I never drained my tank, then when I put in new gas I messed up my carb and never got a chance to test it. Thanks for telling me that, think its messed permanently or will the new carb and fresh gas dot it???

Kornholio

Jul 11, 2001
The new carb and fresh gas should sort it. I hate to say this, bt you could have probably fixed the thread on your old carb by running a tap through it. Like I say I hate to say it because you have already got a new carb but if you fix your old one at least you'd have a spare.

Top Bottom