sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
last sunday i just mutilated my front fender, removing and placing,with great force i might add, my only drn sticker on a big oak. now i just got 2 new front fenders from D kirk today. i spray painted all the old plastic with factory paint(speckled and all) and it looked good, the only new plastic on my bike at this time is the YZ rear fender(figured that was safe, i've got a complete new set of plastic in the garage) but now i'm skeered(hilly billy scared) ya see, the first step to solving your problem is admitting to it, i have. i am a spode, but i have landed on my head many times,and because of this i am some what, well, aint right! therefore i seem to use the right twisty thing on my bike like a resses crack monkey in a lab cage pushing the "fix" button. ya see, i'm a whiskey throttle spode, whiskey spode for short, so i know when i put the new plastic on, well ,it aint gonna look new for long, and in fact might only last 1 ride. so now the canundrum, duct tape the old front fender and advertise, or warn, if you will, all other riders in my area of my skill level, or...put on the new plastic, make the bike look good and just stand around the track, lookin' "oh so good" like a poser? i see no middle ground! :whiner: "hi everybody, my name's crash, and i'm a whiskey-spode"..."hi crash". :silly:

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Remove all the plastic on your bike and ride it with old plastic.

The Josh

Jan 16, 2002
just get a bunch of the fender sticker kits, your advertising for a whole s-load of people but the sticker get scratched to hell instead of your fenders, just an idea that worked for me

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
I have a superstition now with adding new Graphics / plastics, it seems the day you do it, the next ride you wreck!!!
Hey, they only cost about $20 a fender, put it on, take your photos before you ride, for you know it will never look the same!
...wreck easy if you can :) -just kidding.

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Originally posted by sfc crash
make the bike look good and just stand around the track, lookin' "oh so good" like a poser
Hey, don't knock it 'til you've tried it. :)

Bezdelnik

Jun 14, 2001
Who needs plastic anyway. Whats a little dirt and mud in the eye when flying down the trail. Just get us a picture. Who knows you could end up starting a new fad.

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
saweet, confidence is brimming. yesterday was the first time that i rode(not just put around the yard) that i did not wreck. yoohoo! i'm going with the "put it together and take photos" type of thing. the only thing that was the sticking point is i'm making my own graphics, so i just can't keep spares around. damn the torpedoes.....in the imortal words of ms ohare from gone with the wind, almost, "i will never wreck again" :eek:

Top Bottom