I've moved to the Dark Side

BucKat

~SPONSOR~
Mar 27, 2002
My new ride HERE

The power delivery is amazing. Pulls hard right off the bottom. And the mid range..........OMG.
I never thought a 4 stroke could pull so hard.

Last edited:

marksharp

~SPONSOR~
Sep 29, 2002
Looks sweet. I had the opportunity to ride a new Honda 250X for a couple of days in Coal Creek area in Tennessee. It was nice. Huge power band and nice suspension. I can't say it was.better than my KDX, just different. Not near the snap, but it was a tractor at idle on up. It was definitely heavier, but after about 60 miles riding up and down the mountains, the magic button was nice. For you young guys, that's probably not an issue, but if I would ever consider a four stroke woods bike, I would want a button. Have fun with it.

lankytim

Feb 26, 2004
Wow! Is that the new Kawazuki Suzisaki KXRM 250fz?

Where's the expansion chamber? Oh. ;)

Enjoy!

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
BucKat said:
I never thought a 4 stroke could pull so hard.

Try a 450, :yikes:

And bc, :|

BucKat

~SPONSOR~
Mar 27, 2002
Ouchie! I guess we only like -show and tell- when the color is right..
Before everyone gets too uptight, I''ve been a KDX owner for sometime now and have had my fair share of them to boot.

The RMZ actually fairs quite well in the woods to be honest. True the KDX is better but this puppy is still great fun.It's much faster than the X or WR. I can't even imagine how a 450 pulls. I was mearly stating how supprised I was in the power they've achieved from a baby stroker.

My riding pal and I traded bikes for a while. He currently owns my 01 KDX220. I was sooooo happy to be back on it. I forgot just how easy it was to ride. In fact I may just buy it back....... :eek:
I was flying through the forest on that little stocker.

I've gone from a 90 KDX200 to a 2001 KDX220 to my project KX/KDX225 with RB carb mod ( still own) and now the RMZ.
The project is a real monster,,,,,the RMZ is a handful but that little stock KDX was a treat.
I guess I had to learn the hard way.
Sometimes it better to just ride what works best. That being a stock KDX. I regret selling that 220 and luckily enough I have the chance to buy it back.

I've already had my fun stuff'n KDX engines into host frames thank-you. I think I'll leave the RMZ motor where it is.

Here is my web site on how I built the project bike if anyone is interested in learning " an easier " way to go about it.

PROJECT Ksub-dX
Sometimes the site is stuborn so keep trying.

So you see,,,,,,I haven't totally gone over to the other side. Things are just a few shades darker that's all.

Keep the love. :aj:

Buc

BucKat

~SPONSOR~
Mar 27, 2002
YZ165 said:
Try a 450, :yikes:

And bc, :|

I don't understand. What does "And bc, :|" mean???

Buc

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
BucKat said:
I don't understand. What does "And bc, :|" mean???

Buc

bcVulcan. I didn't like his post. Kinda reminds me of Alessi.

YZ165

bcVulcan

Nov 13, 2002
YZ165 said:

YZ165

Don't sweat it, it's all in fun. Actually, my riding buddy, (who is WAY faster than me,) rides an RMZ250. I love the bike. I'm just giving a fellow KDXer a hard time about changing over. :cool:

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
I see. I thought you might be another thumpaphobe. LOL No harm, no foul.

KAY DEE EXER

~SPONSOR~
Mar 3, 2003
Gday Jason, Its not an 05. Im guessing 04 or 03.

If you want to go back in time to have a look go to the time machine post.

BucKat

~SPONSOR~
Mar 27, 2002
Sorry guys.....It's an 04RMZ250F.

the ProjectKsub-dX link is a picture of my hybird.b

Buc

BucKat

~SPONSOR~
Mar 27, 2002
JasonWho said:
OK, since you were a little slow on providing all the info, I will now put a curse on your valves and 3rd and 4th gear in the transmission. Boogity-boogity, boo. :-)

Thank crap you didn't curse the over-heating gods.
:)

Buc

BucKat

~SPONSOR~
Mar 27, 2002
YZ165 said:

YZ165

Ah ha....I thought "bc" was some sort of thrashing code. Now I get it
:clue: .

No worries bcVulcan. I was very prepaired for the hits. :cool:

I'm not sure which bike to keep now.
My son has out grown this KX100 and needs to move up. The Hybird is too much for him at this point as is the RMZ........
What to do what to do.
I'll try to de-tune the Hybird or buy back my 01 KDX220( love that bike)

Buc

bcVulcan

Nov 13, 2002
Well, if I ever DOWNGRADE ;) to a thumpe or anything else, (which I eventually will), I'll definitely keep my KDX. Like most of you, I've got a small fortune in it, and couldn't get much if I sold it. No way I could bare to see it parted out, so it will make a great second bike. I've always wanted two anyway.

bcVulcan

Nov 13, 2002
I can't believe that if your son has outgrown his KX100, that he couldn't handle the RMZ. I'm hoping to give my son my KDX next year. He's riding a TTR125L. He is getting too big for it but from a skill standpoint, he needs to keep it for a while. He's just not into riding like his old man. My philosophy is that if he can hold it up and crank it, he can ride it. I'm forced to adopt this theory in that it's the only hope of me getting a new bike. :ugg:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…