James Stewart a very interesting interview

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
truespode said:
It isn't like Pastrana at LL's when he slowed up and took out the guy in 2nd b/c he had to have the guy finish in 3rd in order to get the LL Championship.
First I've heard of that. Got a youtube link?

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
High Lord Gomer said:
First I've heard of that. Got a youtube link?

No Youtube link. I read it on another site.

According to what I read Pastrana had to finish 1st in 250A in the 3rd moto in 1999 and Billy Payne had to finish 3rd. Billy was in 2nd and Pastrana slowed up and let Billy catch him then cleaned him out and went on to get the championship.

I can find information showing that Pastrana won 250A that year and Billy Payne won 125 A Pro Sport and Pastrana won 125 A but nothing that shows the finishing results.

Even the MXSports page only goes back to 2007 for the National and 2003 for the Regionals.

Ivan

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
The Chisholm thing wasn't about being dangerous...none of these moves were.

Chisholm was a lapper who was blue flagged and did not heed the flag. He had no business being anywhere near Reed...that's what makes the move a sketchy (some might call it dirty) move. I actually don't think it was dirty, but stupid, idiotic, and mostly, unnecessary

The Reed move on JBS...yes, I looked at it again and again just now...in my opinion Reed had position on Stewart and Stewart did turn in, Reed forced him wide. Stewart has brakes, he could have used them...he did after being outside the heybales.
Bottom line though, I wouldn't consider that any more dangerous than any start.

...and Larry Brooks is still the biggest dushbag outthere.

Deadohiosky39

Jul 12, 2008
I agree, Brooks lost a lot of respect from me. "It didn't happen" Was the wrong way to go with it and doesn't help he sounded like a prick.

Truespode: It's ok to use take out moves when it's on Vuillemin. He's French. :)

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
High Lord Gomer said:
I don't see it quite like that. DV did a very similar move to KW just before that but KW had the sense/skill to back off and not go down. Just because DV didn't have similar sense/skill doesn't make it a takeout move.
I agree, that was perfectly executed payback.

Too bad we arent riding to the track together tomorrow Spode. This is two threads we could debate along the way.

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
redneckbillybob said:
But theres nothing wrong with stuffing people.

REally? Isn't racing supposed to be about who can go around the track the fastest? Brake checking/stuffing and moves like that when there is plenty of room to take another line are BS...dangerous and unsportsmanlike, regardless of what the rules or judges say. Otherwise, where do you draw the line? You don't have to be fast to take out another rider.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
motometal said:
REally? Isn't racing supposed to be about who can go around the track the fastest? Brake checking/stuffing and moves like that when there is plenty of room to take another line are BS...dangerous and unsportsmanlike, regardless of what the rules or judges say. Otherwise, where do you draw the line? You don't have to be fast to take out another rider.
:fft:

This ain't Nascar.

If you're worried about being taken out learn to get up front and check out. :)

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
_JOE_ said:
:fft:

This ain't Nascar.

If you're worried about being taken out learn to get up front and check out. :)

Now that's tellin' 'em!

Just be sure not to catch the lappers, lol.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
motometal said:
That is exactly what CR does when he comes through the pack, and sometimes lappers. He wastes time by stalling a split second, after passing? Riding "in the zone", you do not do things like that, honestly, you do not even see the pit board! I sure hope that JS does not ride out of his "zone" again!

Top Bottom