JAN 2 Keithsburg ride (Ill. and Iowa border)

97 moto

Sep 11, 2000
Hey Dirtriders ,

A group of guys from central Ill. will be heading their tomorrow (Keithsburg Ill. sand area and former National track back in the day)to enjoy the nice temps. Anbody else want to come along? We plan on getting thier early morning and riding for the day. We will be on KX's, KDX's and KTM's.
HAPPY NEW YEAR hope to see people thier

97 MOTO

motorhead434

May 28, 2003
Hey dude,HAPPY NEW YEAR! Wish I could go but I'm still sick (physically I mean).60 degrees in jan.Man I'm gettin' the itch,tad talked like he could go today,might wanna call him before you leave.Check out new schedule on www.amadistrict17.com NEW tracks for H.S. + 10 ENDURO'S YAHOO! Remember to work on that devils neck connection,would be nice to have some gnarly sugar sand whoops to ride in without trekkin' 2 1/2 hours!!! What was the todlers site again please? Spode something?Cant find it!Tell everyone HEY for me and GO FOR THE BURN!!!

kawdude

~SPONSOR~
May 20, 2003
I love to go but I ripped apart my bike. How big is this riding area? I'm from Bloomington Il. and have never heard of this area. Any place for the kids to ride?

Last edited by a moderator:

motorhead434

May 28, 2003
KAWDUDE Yur missin out on some great off season ridin! I would guess only 60-70 acres but they have the most GNARLY moto track i"ve ever ridden on!2 laps I'm toast,can you say WHOOPS?Pretty fun trail loop thru the surrounding woods,little bit tamer mx track off to side in field(smaller whoops)good for the kids.Feb 29th is the annual hare scrambles all us old school bloomington area guys LUST for.GOOD CLEAN FUN!Sand can be hard to learn to ride in but once you master it you can ride any terrain well.RACER X did an article last year on the burg,even hannah said it was burly!My plan is to ride there at least twice before 2/29-over 40degrees on a sunday were there dude.Checkout burlington valley dusters (319-754-7308) and get this $5.00 to ride!!!!!!!cameron at sportland can hook you up with us.REMEMBER 2/29.

kawdude

~SPONSOR~
May 20, 2003
sweet...thanks for the info!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Weld it

~SPONSOR~
Feb 19, 2001
97Moto,

I was there on Friday riding my KXF, I didn't see this post until this morning though ( Tuesday ). It was a perfect day for riding and there wasn't all that many people there.

KAWdude,

No, they don't have a website, it is actually called Sandy Oaks. Part of their business is catering to horse riding since it is right behind Big river state park.
Keithsburg isn't avery big town and if you go to the Casey's store they can tell you how to get there. The track is just about how 97Moto described it,
they never prep or smooth the track out so it is all whoops........ Last year
at the dealer show we talked to Bob Hannah and asked him if he remembered
riding there and he was telling us how rough it got and the heat was unbearable. It's to bad they only had one national there.
It's a good place to ride when the either breaks in the winter / early spring
since it is all sand, but in the summer it's not a lot of fun since it is a real fine sand and when it's dry it is just like riding in a dust bowl.

Weld it

Erick82

~SPONSOR~
Aug 30, 2002
Hey anybody got directions and hours of operation. I would like to check it out this spring when everything else is a mud pit.

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
I have rode there many times. My aunt and uncle used to be the 'caretakers' of the place. But that was more for the summer camping and horses. Its usually our first early ride then we never go back. I don' t think there is a 'hours of operation' its an honor system to pay. I can't give directions. I can drive there but not tell anyone what the roads are :)

munch

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2002
Next time I'm there,(after the snow melts) I'll write the street #'s down and try to post them. Hopefully we'll get some warmer weather and get rid of the white stuff.

Munch

munch

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2002
Erick

I assume you'll be coming towards the QC on I 74, so hope these will get you there.

-Get on hwy 67 at the Milan exit
-follow 67 to Viola
- turn right at the lights( or stop sign) onto hwy 17
- follow 17 to Aledo
- turn left at the second stop light ( next to the courthouse)
- follow this road 6miles to 20th Ave. ( you will go past the H.S. and 2 golf courses)
-turn right on 20th Ave.
- Follow 20th Ave. through Seaton and on to 100th St. , real close to 9 miles
-Turn left on 100st St.
- follow for 4 miles and and Sandy Oaks will be on the right , you'll see a sign

Stop at the building near the entrance to sign in and just follow the sand road back into the woods.

It's in the middle of no where so if you hear a banjo and someone squealing like a pig load up and get the hell outta there!

Hope this helps!

Munch

Erick82

~SPONSOR~
Aug 30, 2002
Thanks, Munch, I plan on going in late Feb early March when it warms up and the ground is muddy everwhere else.

And if I see any locals, me and Burt will ride like heck.

Layton

~SPONSOR~
Aug 2, 2000
I probably wont. Most likely it will be icy and I don't like riding in icy conditions without studs.

That said, if I was younger (under 50) then I would be there to race. I will probably be there to watch.

munch

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2002
Walt,

I'm not sure where I'll go that day. I like riding Keithsburg but I plan on running the UORRA schedule this year.
Their opening race is in Prophetstown on the 29th also.
I received a flyer on Keithsburg the other day and it said tthat this is the 40th annual race there. Pretty cool.
Are you coming over ?

Layton,

Last time I was there (a couple of weeks ago) things were about perfect. I plan on going this Thursday or Friday, I'll get back with condotions.

Good hearing from you guys

Greg

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
I'll be up for a play ride there sometime when it warms up a bit!

Top Bottom