Jeremy ... HELP!!!

TreeKiller

Oct 25, 2001
Jeremy,

I've got a '01 250SX that once again has blown out where the shaft meets the clevis. KTM updated the clevis and shaft the last time it happened (almost a year ago) and yesterday it blew again. Do you see this often? Have any clue as to the cause? I'm not really a super rider or anything, but I hit some fairly large jumps (60 ~ 75 footers) and like to pound whoops and such. If I send both ends to you for a revalve can you replace the clevis while your at it, or do I need to get that fixed first? I was planning on shipping my suspension to you in about a month anyway (I'm moving and was going to send it while I didn't have time to ride), but I'm not sure what to do with it now.

Sincere Thanks,

Treekiller (I think I should change it to ShockKiller)

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
You need to ring jer for this as he doesnt promote how work on the forum-however i can say the clevis has been a problem for a few years-a theory on it-mainly the problem is bad tuners service the shock and dont hold the shaft so it unscrews at the clevis.However many have done this and never been serviced.

TreeKiller

Oct 25, 2001
thanks Marcus,

Forgot about the mix forum-work thing. My original intent was to ask if he knew of a fix or cause for this to happen. I guess I got carried away. The clevis they put on last time was suspposed to be a newer version that had been re-engineered to prevent this. My shock's been serviced twice, all by KTM. The last time I sent it to an MX-Tech affiliate and he informed me the clevis was bum. At the time the parts were backordered from KTM and WP, and he (or mayber me, I can't remember) thought maybe my dealer could put more pressure on KTM for parts. I just hope if Jeremy can't service KTM doesn't take 3 months like the last time. I'll just buy a new shock before I wait like that. The only reason I did last time is they told me "oh, we'll have the parts next week ...", over and over). I love the bike, but if they jack me around on parts like that again I'll have to trade it for something with better availability. I don't want to buy a jap bike, but I can't afford two bikes to keep up.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…