jim7411

Nov 24, 2003
I have a new '04 KX65. I'm not really use to two stoke bikes too much but I was wondering about the jetting. The bike is new and it smakes pretty much (white smoke). I have heard that the bikes come very rich from the dealer so I was going to lean it out a little based on the white smoke and the fact that it sounded kind of rough in the middle when my son was riding it. Also, there is quite a bit of spooge coming out of the silencer.
I am at 670' asl with temps right now about 60-75. I am using the two stroke oil the dealer gave me which is GN2 (Honda) and the mixture is 32:1. My son doesn't run the bike real hard yet.
Does anybody have any jetting recommendations for this bike? Or even what two stroke oil most people are running?
I was thinking that I should raise the clip 1 position and lower the main 1 size. Any suggestions of where to start?

Thanks

KX02

Jan 19, 2004
You might also want to get one or two smaller pilot jets to experiment with. A rich low speed ciruit can cause lots of spooge, especially if the rider is not real aggressive. You can also try adjusting the air screw to alter the low speed circuit mixture.

Top Bottom