J_dem_Bones

Jun 23, 2001
I have just bought a new GYT-R carbonfiber exhaust and header for my "00" YZ426f.
Now do I have to re-jet it for the pipe? Or can I use the same jetting, which is dialed in for SoCal riding!
Is every situation different? Or is it consitant?

thanks;)

DualSportr

Aug 22, 2000
Didn't the pipe come with jetting information?

If not, then shame on the manufacturer!

If so, then follow it - they know best - even better than the know-it-all's here :p

If there weren't instructions, I'd call the mfr to double-check.

Some systems don't require re-jetting. Especially for the 426, where no pipe makes a noticeable power difference over the stock system (no more power = no jetting changes).

They may want you to change something though, if the pipe makes power in a different area than the stock system did.

J_dem_Bones

Jun 23, 2001
thanks dual sport!;)
I wrote this before I got it. After I opened the box, there was instructions and jetting tips in it. They said that it might not need any jetting changes, but if this problem occurs do this....:p

J_dem_Bones

Jun 23, 2001
Ya it was a pleasent surprise!:)
I got the GYT-R stainless/Carbonfiber system and it does add to the power-band! I felt it from the bottom and mid the most!!:p
Also it isn't any loader than stock which is perfect for me!!!:p
I didn't have to rejet it. Now does that mean there really wasn't much improvement?? I felt that there was improvement, or could that be my imagination for the $$ I spent??...hehe;)

DualSportr

Aug 22, 2000
I felt that there was improvement, or could that be my imagination for the $$

Sometimes!

With the 426 - pipes can move the power around, but I have yet to see an overall winner that's better in all areas than the stock system.

Of course, by moving power around to where some riders like it more (bottom to midrange), pipes can make a bike faster for a certain group of riders.

The problem is finding data which actually SHOW which pipe works where you need it to. Even dyno testing doesn't tell you everything (but it's a really nice start!).

J_dem_Bones

Jun 23, 2001
I will ride this weekend and try to concentrate on where the meat of the power band is and what has changed. From the bottom to the top. :p

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom