Jetting for PC Pipe & Silencer?

2TMAN

Apr 28, 2002
Can anyone give my some advice? I've got a 2000 KDX200 I've bolted on a PC Pipe and silencer and installed boysen reeds. I've been told to pull the lid off my airbox. D :think: oes this make it rum leaner?. Any info on jetting set ups would be very appreciated.

Last edited:

MassKDX

Dec 11, 2001
I have the same setup on my bike and run a 155/45 for jets with the air box lid tossed. I run my premix at 40:1 this is a good starting point. You may be able to run your bike leaner with a 152/42. Just make sure you do a plug chop to check and make sure you are not running too lean. My bike runs good and no excess oil coming out of the silencer. Check out this link for more info as well.

http://justkdx.dirtrider.net/

2TMAN

Apr 28, 2002
thanks

Thanks very much, I'll get a couple of each and start testing.
Greetings from Oz - Go Chad Reed!!!, can't wait till he's mixing it up in the 250's.

Mike

banderson

Apr 30, 2002
how much of a sound diference does the procircuit silencer make i was wanting to order one but i dont want to piss off my neighbors because of the noise because if that happends i cant ride on their land any more wich would blow

MassKDX

Dec 11, 2001
PC makes two types of silencers.

1. PC silencer is extremely loud.
2. PC forestry spark arrestor is quiet.

You can just order the Pro Circuit pipe and use your stock spark arrestor/silencer to get that performance you are looking for.

Cactus Jim

Apr 1, 2002
I have Pro Circuit on a 200 with Factory Sound silencer. It is a little loud, but similar to FMF package. I have noticed sound getting louder over time. Maybe repacking silencer often will help. Like "MassKDX" said, PC pipe works well with stock silencer, it's just very heavy.

Good luck.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom