Jetting problem?

ChknLittle

~SPONSOR~
Nov 7, 2003
I have a 96 CR250. Love it, but it seems to be smoking alot and excessive amounts of black goo is coming out the spark arrester. I'm running a standard 32:1 mix of honda synthetic oil. I've also not been able to get it to idle at all without constant revving of the throttle. I've adjusted the pilot valve all I can with no noticable difference. It does seem to flood out easy, as I have to hold the throttle open to start it up most times. But it does always start after a few kicks, and seems to have plenty of power and is still fast. I bought the bike a few months ago and it's always been doing this so I'm still trying to fix it myself. any suggestions? thanks.

Coolector

Nov 25, 2003
goto www.worldofpowersports.com look under your bike parts cateloge and make sure your carb is got stock parts (Jets,needle,th.valve ect) in it . After that you may want to make sure you arn't sucking air anywhere ect carb , airfilter boots., Do you have good compression? at least 120+. Check this with throttle wide open and with a warm bike. After that it could be crank seals or reed valve but I'd check the basics first

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…