The Axman

Feb 17, 2002
Ok, I have finally managed to buy and install my engine mods. :thumb: I have an '01 KDX 220. Wiseco piston, Delta II reed cage, K-G35 pipe, Turbine Core II silencer and airbox lid looking like swiss cheese ;) . Stock carb. After reading the recomendations on Canadien Dave's tech tips page I should be running a 145 main and 42 pilot. However it says with a rad valve I should drop the main and pilot 1 size (142 and 40). With a Delta II reed cage do I lean the jets also? Temp 65, humidity 60. I'm thinking of sticking with the 145 and 42 and doing some field testing. What do you guys recommend? Thanx Ax.

Dazza

Jan 1, 2002
You are on the money.
Yes run with the 145 and 42 and field test.
Jet's are not expensive but a lean out with lean
jets is.
Start on the rich side and work towards the optimum jets.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
I found the DFII to run RICHER than the boyesen. That is to say to be jetted correctly, the DFII wanted a LEANER jetset than the boyesen.

Absolutely start rich and work down. If there is ANY question, keep the plug chop tests (WOT) time to a minimum for starters. Say 10 seconds or so.

Have fun!!

BTW...lo or hi on the DFII?? Don't shortchange yourself by not trying both settings.

The Axman

Feb 17, 2002
Based on your comments CC I went with the lo setting. I don't ride enough in a year to worry about wearing them out. My closest riding area is a 2 hour drive. I'll be lucky to put 50 hours on the bike each year. If I have to replace them once a year that is a cheap price for the grin factor. With any luck I'll be riding more in the future. Me and my brother are going to give enduro and hare scrambles a try next year.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom