J.Barnoo

Feb 13, 2003
After reviewing the carb tips, I see that my jetting maybe all wrong. It has always run good, but never got the impression I had all I should.

I have a 90 KDX with FMF pipe and Answer SA, lid is off the box. Other than that, it's stock. It has always smoked more than I think it should, even with a fresh top end. Gas is mixed right. And after a few rides, black oil, is dripping out the end of the pipe. We ride in elevations between 1000 and 4500 feet, but even at higher elevations, it seems to run the same, good. Riding is in Seirra Mountians and Nevada high desert.
The needle jet is a R1369 J with a main jet of 148. Pilot jet is 48.
According to the carb tunning tips, I should do some changing, but want a little input before in make a full switch. Any advise is weclomed

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
I'm confused? Again?

If you've read the tech tips, then you already have a starting point, right?

I'm not familiar at all with a '90 version...but certainly spooge is not a good thing.

If CDave's site (check the thread at the top of this forum) has your bike listed certainly follow his advice.

KnoxKDX

Jan 29, 2003
Is there an on-line place you can get new jets? I found a place nite before last and forgot to bookmark it... :(

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom