Feb 25, 2001
I just recently bought a 05 jr50 for my 5 year old for Christmas.

Before he gets it I was doing some routine maintenance and decided to get rid of the oil injection system. I know it's a tried & true system, but it was working more like a mosquito fogger. So after I removed gear pump from it's housing and replaced the housing back onto the case. I noticed that there is a vent in the middle of the case with a rubber boot & several inches of fuel line leading into the float bowl of the carb. Why would this vent go into the carb?

On a side note the bike runs 100% better with better throttle response,less smoke & will actually idle on it's own now.

Back to the vent. After letting the bike idle for 20-30 seconds I noticed motor oil bubbling out of the hose connection between the transmission vent and the tube that runs into the carb. It's definitely motor oil with the tan/brown color. The injector lube was red amsoil so I know it's not injector oil.

What should I do? It's making a huge mess on the garage floor. I thought about seeing if I could pull the vent out and plug it off, but that more then likely will spell disaster somewhere else down the line. Previous owner said he had just changed the tranny fluid. So I can't verify if it has the proper amount in the transmission.

Any ideas?

Top Bottom