July 17-20 is the date. Fox Valley Offroad

Which weekend(s) do you prefer for the Fox Valley Offroad Ride? (can select several)

• Total voters

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
oldguy said:
With Spider looking over my shoulder it looks like it will work for us :cool:
In his words "I'll give up Denmark for Wardys any day" :nod:
We will probably be a friday arrival and planning to race MegaX on Sat night
Well now that weekend is impossible for us :fft: . We were reminded that is the weekend my niece is getting married and we also have 4 graduation parties as well :bang:

B

biglou

Jay and Swifty:

What are your time frames for Wardy's? I will have Thur-Mon off, plan on leaving Wed. after work (time flexible if you guys are going) and racing Megacross Saturday night, then driving back to KC on Sunday, with Monday as a clean-up/recover day.

If you guys can make that time frame, and we have a vehicle to haul everything (I've got the 250 and the TTR to bring), let's team up and split the gas prices. Jay's about 3 hours from my house, and it's roughly 8 more to FVOR.

What say ye, men?

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
i can do it but i really can't leave until thursday morning. i have my daughter on wednesdays. will that work?

B

biglou

I will probably go ahead and leave Wed. after work. Thursday is one of the best riding days there. Hopefully Brian can coordinate with you.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Jay, I'll PM you.

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
Looks like the usual three, confirmed, from our camp. Three riders and X? bikes. I think all three of us are taking Wednesday through Friday off so, we will probably show up some time Wednesday afternoon, unless the weather looks really rediculous.

Spoke with Eric Gorr today, got a "maybe" from him. I'm getting a new top end for the RM...it runs perfect but I suppose that tiny little piston should be changed now and then, all the trips it takes up and down.

B

biglou

oldguy said:
Where are you guys???? I just got a call from Walt and he is at the locked gate right now. He misread the date and headed down today
You're kidding?!

B

biglou

Well, there's topic #1 for Thursday night's campfire discussion! :laugh:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
I think we should start blaming Lou for this now, so it will have 4 weeks to simmer. :)

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
OMG... poor Walt!! :ohmy:

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Boy do I feel stupid!
I get to the gate, its locked, WTF. Where is everybody, did they go to town for breakfast? Did the ride get cancelled and I forgot to check the web site? How come our normal place to camp is empty? Maybe they are in the other field out by the kids track, I'll just take a walk over there and check it out. OK, nobody there either. Now lets think about this, I havent checked the thread in a couple weeks, maybe something is going on Im not aware of. DUHHH.
Call Lou, no answer. Call Oldguy, luckily he is home and near the computer. He gives me the scoop on my inability to read JULY in the title. Im telling you I voted for June and come heck or high water, Im going when I said I wanted to go!
So now Im sitting there wondering when they open, if at all, cause I normaly dont come on Friday. Oldguy tells me they open at noon , so we talk for a while, then I go and walk thru all the ailes at Farm and Fleet. I finally get to ride from noon until 6pm.
I had a good ride with only one dismount when a tree jumped in front of me. The good news is I hope to do it all again in 4 weeks!
I have a job due that Friday in July, so if I get it done a few days early, I will be there.
What days are you guy going?

B

biglou

Walt, Walt, Walt... lol! See you in 2.5 weeks! btw-I can't carry my cell phone into work with me, and you had already talked to Dave by the time I got out to the parking lot and found your message.

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
Looks like we are out again for that weekend. Bummer. Our agent replaced the flooded out gig with another...
Depending on when you guys roll in, we might try to make a Thursday or maybe Friday morning appearance...

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
It looks like I have OT talked into coming down as well.

B

biglou

Anyone remember the first FVOR ride? OT shows up and procedes to burn through a tank of gas in both his 426 and his 250f. First one, then the other, nonstop. And it was like 147degrees that year.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
biglou said:
Anyone remember the first FVOR ride? OT shows up and procedes to burn through a tank of gas in both his 426 and his 250f. First one, then the other, nonstop. And it was like 147degrees that year.

I'm pretty sure OT is really a prototype moto-cyborg. :whoa:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…