July 17-20 is the date. Fox Valley Offroad

Which weekend(s) do you prefer for the Fox Valley Offroad Ride? (can select several)

• Total voters

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
I might be able to make it up from GA.

In a casual search, I have not seen any info. about camping and nearby hotel options. I may tent it, if the weather looks good, but I'd like to have a hotel option, in case it isn't.

Anyone care to shed some light on this?

Speaking of shedding some light; shall I come prepared with lights for some night riding?

Thanks, Ken

B

biglou

Ottawa is the town. There is lodging there. Last time it was so hot, a few of us went and soaked/bathed in the pool at Senior's hotel :whoa:

Most folks tent/RV it though. Either way, it's a good time.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
4 more days!!! :ride:

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
Lou, still thinking of showing up Wed. sorta late? Anyone else for Wednesday?

there will be at least two and maybe three of us. We have not decided yet if we are arriving Wed. evening or Thursday mid day.

Who is "OT"?

Rich...so you are really going to attend, no BS? We look forward to seeing you there!

B

biglou

Scott-The earliest I will be there is around midnight Wed. Latest will be Thursday morning by 8-ish.

OT is one of the OG's from back in the day, lol!

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
motometal said:
Rich...so you are really going to attend, no BS? We look forward to seeing you there!

Yep, I even ordered up some new tires for my 150 so I can throw a savage beating into Lou and his blingtastic TTR. :yeehaw:

B

biglou

Rich Rohrich said:
Yep, I even ordered up some new tires for my 150 so I can throw a savage beating into Lou and his blingtastic TTR. :yeehaw:
We'll have to trade up so you can see what you think of my creation. I want to ride that baby F too. I'm tellin' ya, bring plenty of gas, cuz me you and moltenmetal will spend approximately 47.2% of our riding time on the little bikes. It'll be like a short bus or a circus clown car had a rollover and puked out all of its passengers onto the track! :nod:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
biglou said:
We'll have to trade up so you can see what you think of my creation. I want to ride that baby F too. I'm tellin' ya, bring plenty of gas, cuz me you and moltenmetal will spend approximately 47.2% of our riding time on the little bikes.

Sounds like a plan. I'll be there early on Friday. :cool:

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
make sure to call me if you are going to be after dark on wednesday, I will leave the gate looking "locked" but can still get in.

Lou, i will trim the trees up a little more to, can't have you parking anywhere else! LOL grass is all mowed.

we have reworked the "kids" track, will be working and doing up the "big" track today and tommorow.

you guys still have my cell number right?

wardy

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
wardy said:
we have reworked the "kids" track,

... or as it's called in hushed tones. The House of Lou:whoa:

B

biglou

Unless your number has changed in the last couple years, I still have it.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Man, I wish we could go :( One of my managers is off due to surgery, therefore no multiple days off and we have a wedding to attend Sat. night.

Have fun! Someone say hi to the trees for me!! Actually I didn't have any problems with the FVOR trees...it's the dang Michigan trees that don't like me :fft:

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
There is a chance we might still go tonight, Wardy could you P.M. me your number? Otherwise we'll show up mid to late morning Thursday.

as of this morning the RM was stripped down to the cases, doing a last minute top end job (it hasn't been done since EG ported the motor). But, it's coming together nicely. I thought I'd get up early and work on it while it was still cool...yea right. It was already hot.

Looks like we will have dry weather, at least til Saturday.

Jeez I haven't hardly ridden this year! Couple times this spring, that's about it. Jake and I rode for a little bit last weekend, other than an aching knee I felt ok considering. Man am I going to be sore Friday morning.

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
I was holding on to hope that I could make it,.....

I guess I'll have to throw in the towel, now.

Have a good time! I hope there are a couple of shade trees there at Wardy's.

Keep us all updated with news of the shenanigans, please. Well, at least those that are OK to post here, anyway.

B

biglou

MM, I will probably wait until about dusk to leave, putting me there in the early morning. I don't want to race there and be the only one, just to sleep in the cab of the truck overnight! I'll go home and take a nap for a few hours, then load up and head out around 8-9ish tonight. see you all tomorrow!

B

biglou

Yeah, the nap usually results in me leaving early in frustration over not being able to sleep, sweating like a pig while loading THE MIGHTY UNDERCOMENSATOR to capacity in the heat, then desperately trying to stay awake around 2am somewhere in the middle of corn country! :laugh:

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
looks like we are heading out today and will be there about 7:00 ish this evening. :ride:

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
I'll be there Friday morning, with Donny & Stacy. I think Red's coming out Friday after work. :ride:

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
Things are not working well here on the right coast. No goers we are. Maybe next year? Hope you all have a great time :cool:

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
no go for me either. i miss road tripping. i wish the democrat-controlled congress would hurry up and fix the gas prices.

tx246 and i are going to hang around and do some lakes and hills touring on our street bikes.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…