jacobone

Feb 3, 2003
well i need some help jumping... well i hit and go up the rear comes up and i nose hard..... i weigh 135 pounds and i slide right to the bars.... i want to land rear first and keep going

Anssi

May 20, 2001
What kind of bike and how big is the jump? If you're just beginning, you probably cut throttle before you hit the lip and that is just the recipe for an endo. Keep at least constant gas when you launch.

If the jump has a kicker at the top, that will throw the rear up no matter what, and you just have to compensate by staying back on the bike and giving it some gas.

The final possibility is that your rebound damping in the rear is set too low or the spring too hard and the back of the bike jumps up because of that. So measure sag numbers first to set the spring correctly and then start playing with the clickers if you truly think this is your problem.

jacobone

Feb 3, 2003
its an IT175 well its sorta a spot in a graval pit that was dug out around its sortof alike a table to another table i ride up full blast off the top. my dad says that i should gas up then let off and when the front goes is at the top of the jump to gas and lift up

Anssi

May 20, 2001
Those bikes never had suspension even close to modern bikes, and if yours hasn't been serviced (the shock) for 20 years, it's not going to behave real nice when you catch air (I imagine it will pretty much be like having just a spring back there).

If the bike is not really pulling when you reach the lip of the jump, you might have to utilize the technique your dad told you to to get any acceleration when taking off. Just make sure that the bike actually does respond to gassing it rapidly. If it just bogs even more when you whack it open you'll be in a world of hurt.

jacobone

Feb 3, 2003
acutally my it has a monoshock out back and decint shocks out front... and it hits like a yz so opening it up is not a prob unless the plug go fouled

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I had an IT 175. Great bikes. Keep the throttle constant. Cutting it makes the front drop.

Can Can Kev

Feb 24, 2003
your also probably letting off the trottle give it a bunch orf throttle right as your back tire is comming off the jump and keep it constant in the air ( if your rear end drops to much then let off) if its still going give it more........ i used to do the same thing on my xr 200 and it had a Blown rear sock and i just gave it tons of gas to compensate and the gyro effect did the rest...

Top Bottom