Jumping with Ease.Time to throw in a few Trix.

crazywaynz

Jun 23, 2004
So I have gotten pretty comfortable jumping my KX250. (doubles, Tripples, Table tops, step ups. etc.) Been itching to throw in some style and pull off a few tricks. I used to BMX/Freestyle alot on my 20in. so some of the hand/foot work is there. Just want some advice on where to start. No Footers/handers One Footers/Handers. Kick outs, whips etc.
Every time i ride i like to take myself to another level and im at the next level.

Oh and how can i post pics into my threads??

Thnx Wayne :ride:

tedkxkdx

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 6, 2003
You have to subscribe to post pictures.
Can you already pull the clutch in and tap the back brake in the air?
Can you intentionally jump nose up and push it down only with your arms?
Do you naturally let the bike soak up to you on the jump ramp and in the air?
Be comfortable with these and then start with the basic whip.
After all, many guys do FMX but after a while it begins to dull the senses.
I think its cooler to see Bubba lean it over on a jump ramp and scrape the pegs in the ground than seeing some no handed whatever.

Shig

~SPONSOR~
Jan 15, 2004
I'm with Tedkxkdx. Race-inspired stylin is way more impressive than the tired old heal-clickers, can cans and nac nacs. Most freestylers will agree that a good whip or pancake is harder than most bar tricks.
Can you seat-bounce? If so, then try jumping nose high and hooking your heals under the side panels to pull the bike up with your legs while you push down on the bars. Now that's a cool trick you can actually use.
If you're still bent on goonin it up, a fender kiss is a good starter trick that will help your overall jumping skills.
Can cans are pretty easy because you can land safely without even getting your leg back to the right side of the bike.
Try landing on the top of a step-up on your back wheel and maintain a wheelie onto the flat.
A stoppie accross the top of a table top is always a crowd pleaser.

Last edited:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom