ABeeOnAnXR

Sep 10, 2000
I just had an awesome day of riding! But it seems like whenever i shift up, and have lower RPMs the front end drops on the jumps.
Is this a common thing??? I ride an XR100.

Ocracing

Feb 12, 2001
You should try to keep the throttle on in a lower gear on jumps.

What it looks like to me is that you are not keeping on the throttle in what ever gear you are in and when you do hit the jump your front end doesn't have enough momentum to stay up... Therefore you are endoing!:eek:

Keep it on the throttle bro, but not to much and your problem might reverse... :)

Take it easy.

Curt

BrentBlain

~SPONSOR~
Aug 21, 2000
or you can try to counter it with body weight. Pretend you are trying to pull a wheelie right on the face of the jump and pull back on the bars and see if that helps any. Some times you are just stuck in the wrong gear and that helps.

-Brent

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
You have discovered how to set up your bike for a nice down hill landing (like the back side of a double or table top). There are times that you want the rear end to kick up so you don’t have to wrestle it down for a smooth landing.

Ocracing is right, if you want to keep the front end up then keep on the gas as the rear wheel leaves the takeoff ramp. 4-strokes are more prone to nose dive due to the engine braking, so you will need more gas to keep the front end up than with a 2-stroke.

You can also try hitting the jump where there isn’t as much of a lip so it doesn’t kick as bad.

Good luck

Ocracing

Feb 12, 2001
Agreement is the factor..

I definitely agree with RM_Guy's post and appreciate him saying that he agrees with me! ;)

I used to have this kind of trouble... Back in July of 00' I was jumping a 40 Foot tabletop in 4th Gear!

Check out the pic: Check it out

Very sad :(

But if only I knew then what I know now, mind you that was my first day on my YZ125 it would have been very different.

Everything takes time and practice...

Curt

Top Bottom