Dirt_Rider19

Jun 28, 2006
i was driving my bike in the field by my house and found a pile of rocks that kids tried to do a jump with. i wanted to know if anyone of you could give me some pointers about the speed, techniques, and landing. it look like the following jump see attachment.jump

thanks

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
First, props for posting in this in the right forum.

Here's how the thought process might go.

"I'm on a dirt bike site to ask how to jump"
"I wonder if anyone has asked how to jump here, seeing as how this is a dirt bike site"
"Wonder where the search link is? Yes! There it is."
"I'll type "Jump" in the advanced search and have it just look for that word in titles of posts".
"Whoa! Hundreds of how to jump posts with lots of answers! People have asked about jumping on a dirt bike site, even though this isn't howtojump.com, cool! I think I'll start reading"
"...now, where is a post about how to jump a pile o' rocks?"

HajiWasAPunk

Aug 5, 2005
Okie, lol.

The only thing I'd suggest is that if you're learning to jump you start by jumping something other than rocks, ouch! I'd suggest jumping pillows first.

Kasjok

Apr 20, 2006
With this time you drew your jump image you could have just DO IT. I think jumping is something that can`t be teached ( like every other thing in MX ). What ever you do DON`T sit down. Secondly go with steady gas and try to hold center standing position ( you must see your front numberplate ). And as i said before just DO IT and practise a lot and whenever you feel that you are starting to get it just remind yourself Stefan Ewerts and keep practising! :nod:

Top Bottom