rigi144

Nov 13, 2006
i got a question. i been watchin vids of people jumping and i cant seem to figure out what the whole tipping your bike sideways and then straightening out is all about. does it change the direction of the jump?

sixds

Mar 25, 2007
its called whipping, and as it looks cool, it also has a purpose. whipping will help you point your bike in the air, and pick where you want to land.

DannyMoto07

Apr 12, 2007
I've noticed this too... the whole "Bubba-Scrub" method of jumping is a baffle to me. Does he do it simply for show or does this actually help to cut down the distance the bike travels off the ground in order to put the power back down as soon as possible, but without losing as much speed due to less hang-time?

Dan

JD_MXRacer

Nov 27, 2006
it actually helps shave seconds off your lap time. by eliminating that extra time in the air you can be on the ground on the gas speeding toward the next jump or corner while the other person is still hangin in the air

travis14

Apr 26, 2007
i have the same problem i have a 2004 250 yzf and i keep feeling my nose hit the ground first so u say i should give it more gas and it should stay up.

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
Only Bubba knows! :)

travis14

Apr 26, 2007
i kown u proably been asked this a thousand times but how do u jump do u pull the back on the gas before the face or do u just go fast before u hit the jump

RedBull

Viva La Revolucion!
Nov 14, 2001
JD_MXRacer said:
it actually helps shave seconds off your lap time. by eliminating that extra time in the air you can be on the ground on the gas speeding toward the next jump or corner while the other person is still hangin in the air

yep and to add on to that it takes alot more spped to clear a jump going that low so you can hit that jump without any backing off of the gas

JD_MXRacer

Nov 27, 2006
travis14 said:
i kown u proably been asked this a thousand times but how do u jump do u pull the back on the gas before the face or do u just go fast before u hit the jump

you want to approch the jump with an even speed. just go off. sometimes if its right after a corner you have to preload= compress the shocks right before takeoff, be read for rebound. go with enough speed to clear the jump, grip the bike with your knees, land with both wheels or front slightly first in the attack position and hit the throttle right when that back tire touches or even a split second before

Evins

Jun 7, 2006
BBking did u stay in mallards nest over spring break. I think I might remember u. Did your friend have a Ktm. I was the one who u came over and melted glass bottles.

BBking25

Nov 28, 2006
nah evins, you got the wrong guy

but highlord gomer i was there today (sunday) but i didn't do the track because i started feeling sick/weak and was feeling bad just doing the easy trails

BBking25

Nov 28, 2006
i just felt so sick i don't think it would've mattered anyways

anyways on trail S, their was some kicker jump that i cleared by like 8ft and my suspension sucks! my feet are on the pegs and everything but it hits the ground so hard they fell off and i kinda whipped my head...

making me feel worse, i went home soon after, but i had fun

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom