Aug 6, 2000
I'm curious how do you know if your going fast enough to make a double? This is not for my bike (obviously) but it doesn't mean I couldn't ;)

------------------
16/m

1980 Yamahe Enduro DT175

Zoomer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 17, 2000
If there's room, jump to the side to . You can get a good idea by where your rear tire lands,as to how much more speed you need to clear the peak.

------------------
AMA Lifer
Aztalan Cycle Club VP
AHRMA #10H
98YZ400f
74KX450's
75 Rokon
350 Bridgestone
Road Toad & others

Tn_MoToX

Feb 27, 2001
You really dont have enough time to think about it.

I just usually am on the throttle so i dont UNDERjump or case it or people will run you over or you will be hurt like hell(if you case).. Its better to over jump than under plus after riding the track you know about how much by instinct.

------------------
'98 Suzuki RM 125

Ace McCool

May 1, 2000
After you've done a lot of jumps that are less dangerous, (singles, tabletops, etc.) you can get a pretty good idea of how to time it correctly. Also, like tn motox said, it's much better (most of the time) to land too far than too short. Being able to do double jumps comfortably comes with experience and the more time you spend doing jumps, the easier it is. In addition, after you've done a jump once, the next time it is exponentially easier to do it a second time. Take your time and work your way up to the big stuff, ride safe and have fun!

Ace McCool

[This message has been edited by Ace McCool (edited 03-08-2001).]

yammyrider86

Dec 30, 2000
all i do when i hit my jumps is gun it as much as i can then let off like 6 feet away coast up to it then gun it when im at the jump

-----------------
our bikes are almost the same
'78 yamaha dt100

------------------

Top Bottom